Folder is not accessible.......

heartripple

In the zone
Hey guys ..........

I have weird kind of problem. When I try to open some folders 1 error massage comes ...it says The folder is not accessible....I cant open the folder nor delete it..... can anyone tell me what is happening .......????????

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Do you have necessary permissions to access the folder???

OR are you sure that folder is not current;y being used in any read/write operations??

swatkat

Technomancer
Did you reinstall Windows over an existing installation, recently? This might happen if you are not "owner" of files/folders that were created in the previous Windows installation. See if this link helps:
"Access is Denied" error message when you try to open a folder

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
I have these folders on another drive......

so I dont think reinstalling of os would ever affect those folders.....

Recently I have created some files in a folder which is not accessible....

No virus detected in my KIS 2009 and Quick Heal Internet security 2010.....

and Above solution is not working for me.....there is no security tab under properties.....

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

I dont want to loose those folders..........

I have many photographs in that folder.....

swatkat

Technomancer
Open command prompt and navigate to the drive where your locked folders are present (using cd driveletter: command). Now, run chkdsk /f command. Once chkdsk completes, check if you are able to access files.

If chkdsk doesn't fix the issue, then you can try booting from a live CD and then copy locked folders/files to an external drive.

utsav

damn busy...
use ubuntu live cd and recover those files to any external flash drive or hard disk , 99.9% chance is that it should work , u wont even have to reinstall anything

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I have these folders on another drive......

so I dont think reinstalling of os would ever affect those folders.....

Recently I have created some files in a folder which is not accessible....

No virus detected in my KIS 2009 and Quick Heal Internet security 2010.....

and Above solution is not working for me.....there is no security tab under properties.....

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

I dont want to loose those folders..........

I have many photographs in that folder.....

download Unlocker & try checking if the folders are being accessed. and also download A-Squared Free. do a full update & scan your system. chances are these getting locked cause of Antivirus (AVG many times locks files like that).

RBX

In the zone
Go to Safe Mode, log in to the account you want to access the files from.

Select properties of the desired folder and navigate to Security tab, with a bit of fiddling around you should be able to set the ownership to your current account. After confirmation, it would apply properties and the dialogue box's title should look something like - taking ownership.

You should be able to access the files/folders now.

EDIT:

Looks like I was too late to reply :p

Last edited:

natalia

Right off the assembly line
Hello....

As far as your folder is not accessible, it may be due to error "Access denied". It may be due to administrative purposes or may be due to some virus.

To sort out this issue you can have a look on

How to remove Access Denied error message

Hopefully, it will provide you successful solution for your query.

Regards,
Mehak.

Top Bottom