Flyte MP3 Store Shutting Down

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
We were for a short time fond of Flipkart's Flyte store. I just received a mail from Flyte mentioning they are shutting down from June 17 :(

Dear Flyte MP3 customer,

We hope you have enjoyed the music we have made available to you.

Unfortunately the Flyte MP3 store will no longer be operational after June 17, 2013. We request you to use your Flyte Wallet balance, if any, by that date. But if for some reason you are unable to do this then not to worry. We will refund the unused Flyte wallet balance to you.

If you would like to purchase any more music before the Flyte MP3 store shuts down, then please do so by June 17, 2013. All the MP3 files that you have purchased from Flyte on or before June 17, 2013 will continue to be available for download in your digital library till August 18, 2013. So do remember to download all your favourite music by then.

Dates to remember:

1. Monday, June 17, 2013: You will no longer be able to purchase MP3 files from Flyte after this date. The remaining balance in your Flyte wallet, if any, will be refunded to you.

2. Sunday, August 18, 2013: You will no longer be able to download your purchased MP3 files from your digital library after this date. So please download all your music by then.

So long – and thank you for being a part of this journey…

The Flyte MP3 team.

noob

Cyborg Agent
That's sad news, at least for me. Most my recent song purchases were through it(even though they don't provide flac).

Why? Sorry for being a noob. :unsure:

Most of the Indian people are not yet matured to buy apps/music legally, esp when it is available for free easily.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Most of the Indian people are not yet matured to buy apps/music legally, esp when it is available for free easily.
That's a valid point. I know of people who used to ridicule me for buying. PS : I don't want to start an anti-piracy campaign here.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob

Yup, exactly. "If I can get it for free, why should I pay for it?". We're a long way away from the point where Indian consumers will realize that spending Rs.50-100 for an album is not a "waste of money".

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
That's sad news, at least for me. Most my recent song purchases were through it(even though they don't provide flac).

Why? Sorry for being a noob. :unsure:

Well,Noob has given the point

But does it really cost a LOT to run this service?

Vignesh B

Youngling
a spotify like service wudnt be too bad
Given our present internet infrastructure, even a streaming service won't last long here.
Though for people with 24*7 internet connectivity and who are willing to subscribe for the monthly schemes, its a better option than buying songs(for most people other than the those with a discerning ear).

roypurohit

Broken In
But does it really cost a LOT to run this service?
I'm also curious about this point. Why they are shutting down...!!! What would be maintenance to keep on track ?? :-? :confused:

I was also became a victim of ridicule as I purchased songs from Flyte.... That is common Indian people mentality.. :(

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Yup, exactly. "If I can get it for free, why should I pay for it?". We're a long way away from the point where Indian consumers will realize that spending Rs.50-100 for an album is not a "waste of money".
It is, ;-)
That's why i liked the idea of buying A la Carte songs @ Rs 5-10
Now people with a good conscience are stuck with Crapple iTunes

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
spotify has a couple of tiers of service, the full paid service lets you download and keep files locally for playback
not officially available in india, but you can use in india if you have a registered account and then you can use perfectly

dont see why infrastructure is a problem, the only difference between piracy and digital distribution is that people dont have to pay for one. if networks are good enough for piracy, they are good enough for services. play an mmo, people from all around the world have connectivity problems some time or other. don't feel for no reason that our internet infrastructure is sooo bad also.

its the mindset, and market maturity to consume digital goods only, dont blame the wires.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
It's really sad!.I had bought a lot of old songs from flyte which were not easy to find. That too on 320 kbps.Is there any other sites were you can buy songs and download?

Top Bottom