flooped

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakee

Journeyman
well it has been a very long period since i have stopped using floppies.Now one of my pals having a dtp shop is much worried about the kind of viruses (or worms,trojans,adware etc) he has.I gave him the Quick heal antivirus with the latest virus database(feb 2005)...in vain...he tried with norton 2005 too...in vain..when i had a look with virus scanning it cleaned a few and reported nothing.
his problem is completely on floppies.upon inserting a floppy (even a fresh new one) there are many *.exe files appearing continously.they have their icon as folders and have names such as wallpapr,pictures,crack etc....
Anyone know how to cure this...that poor fellow has a lot of customer files in his disc...and one partition(only c drive with the whole 40 gb!!!..bcoz he formatted a few days ago with an amateurs advice)..so icant format his sys..

any kind of help ...suggestions..please

swatkat

Technomancer
Download and install:-
CCleaner
CleanUp!
TrojanHunter Trial
WebRoot SpySweeper Trial
McAfee Stinger

Boot in SAFE Mode and then, run these tools:-
CCleaner --> Click "Options" button and here go to "Settings" tab and uncheck the option "Only delete files in Windows Temp folder older than 48 hours". Click OK to exit from the Options. Finally click "Run Cleaner"

TrojanHunter --> Select all the Hard Disk partitions and click "Full Scan"

WebRoot SpySweeper --> Click "Options" button and then click "Sweep Options" tab, and here select all the Hard Disk Partitions. Then click "Sweep Now" button and click "Start"

McAfee Stinger --> Click "Add" and here type the Hard Disk Drive names manually (for example, C:\) and click OK. Repeat this step so that all the partitions are added. Then click "Scan Now"

CleanUp! --> Click "CleanUp!" button and after cleaning, click OK to restart to NORMAL Mode

Update your AV and do a scan

Download HijackThis and unzip it to dedicated folder (like C:\HijackThisFolder\hijackthis.exe).
Then run it and click the button Do a System scan and save log file. HijackThis will perform a scan and saves the log file as hijackthis.log in the same folder where it is installed and it also opens the file automatically.
Copy the entire contents of the file and post it this Section.

OP
rakee

rakee

Journeyman
gee thanx pal that was a real tech support help...i will try it out and reply soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom