Flipkart Just Ruined The Basic Net Neutrality Principle By Joining Airtel Zero Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
I want to move but im on Airtel 4G :(

First let them give proper plans and speed on 3g. Then if time permits and I find a real tangible difference then I might consider 4g. Right now, if these telecom providers give proper 3g speeds then there is no need for 4g on mobile platforms. As even HD movies will play well on 3g.

Unfortunately, in India the proper 3g speeds are being termed as 4g to make you pay more.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Good luck with that, I am happy without 4G.

First let them give proper plans and speed on 3g. Then if time permits and I find a real tangible difference then I might consider 4g. Right now, if these telecom providers give proper 3g speeds then there is no need for 4g on mobile platforms. As even HD movies will play well on 3g.

Unfortunately, in India the proper 3g speeds are being termed as 4g to make you pay more.

What speeds are you getting in 3G/4G?

EDIT: I understand, 3G speeds are marketed as 4G, but I don't get any speed in 3G, but rates for 3G and 4G are the exact same..

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
They dont give us proper 3G and "Broadband" speeds and are yet to utilize the spectrum fully,forget 4G at the moment,its literally not an upgrade over "3G"

- - - Updated - - -

is this airtel zero compulsory?? like if I already have a regular data plan?

$hadow

Geek in making
What speeds are you getting in 3G/4G?

EDIT: I understand, 3G speeds are marketed as 4G, but I don't get any speed in 3G, but rates for 3G and 4G are the exact same..

3G is somewhat around that few mbps mark I guess and 4g is when the device speed goes into double digits I guess. And I have no luck trying to get 4g on my phone.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Guys ,interesting development taking place :--->:high5::clap2:
Save the Internet: Flipkart pulls out of Airtel Zero:nanananana: as Net Neutrality continues

Source : Save the Internet: Flipkart pulls out of Airtel Zero as Net Neutrality continues | The Indian Express

paroh

Padawan
All user's of thinkdigit and other forums come together and support Net Neutrality and safe the internet

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
3G is somewhat around that few mbps mark I guess and 4g is when the device speed goes into double digits I guess. And I have no luck trying to get 4g on my phone.

not true, actually I get 12-14mbps 3G infact Tata Photon 3G itself claims 21mbps speed
4G is roughly supposed to be 25mbps plus

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
You are talking about dongle right? Coz I was referring to mobile 3g.

no I was talking about mobile 3G only(mine touches 12-14mbps)
I mentioned Photon because it also has 3G and a sim card inside in some units and goes upto 21mbps

$hadow

Geek in making
no I was talking about mobile 3G only(mine touches 12-14mbps)
I mentioned Photon because it also has 3G and a sim card inside in some units and goes upto 21mbps

Wow. I never got more than 8 to 10. Guess it is the problem in UP.

cyborg007

Broken In
Flipkart backflips to net neutrality

The battle for net neutrality got a boost on Tuesday with e-commerce giant Flipkart pulling out of the Airtel Zero platform, with which it was in talks to partner with.

Airtel Zero allows customers to access certain apps and websites without paying data charges as long as the makers of those apps and services pay Airtel for this free access. Experts argue that this goes against the concept of net neutrality, which deems that all data on the internet is equal and should not be discriminated against.

Flipkart announced its decision after a widespread backlash against the firm on social media and users voting down its app on the Android and Apple app stores after its CEO, Sachin Bansal, tweeted in support of Airtel Zero.

Source:
Flipkart pulls out of Airtel Zero after social media backlash, says strongly believes in net neutrality

cyborg007

Broken In
Flipkart is now back to Net Neutrality.. dumps Airtel Zero
Flipkart pulls out of Airtel Zero after social media backlash, says strongly believes in net neutrality

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Re: Flipkart backflips to net neutrality

Already discussed in *www.digit.in/forum/technology-news...y-principle-joining-airtel-zero-platform.html and *www.digit.in/forum/technology-news/190737-trai-invites-indians-comment-net-neutrality.html

mods please merge this thread with either of the two.

A

amit.tiger12

aren't those free things/services are different than net neutrality?? can anyone clear my doubt?
and How this free things (like internet.org) came into discussion??
free things/stuffs is different and net neutrality is different? right?
we want net neutrality because we don't want to pay for each site we visit (as sites does not want money from us)...
so why internet.org is big issue?? I don't understand that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom