[Complaint] Flipkart/Disney selling wrong region coded DVD. Also deleting review.

OP
mayanks_098

mayanks_098

world is evil
that means he got tempted with the discount and did not verify properly with the vendor.. as he mentioned he superficially scanned for Region Encoding. he should have checked it with vendor before ordering it if it was so precious..

Vendor (Disney) says it is compatible. Twice. 1st on the package. 2nd to FK when they were told about the complaint.

for that he must get the vendors attention by visiting their Social Media Pages. if it does not succeed then he has to go to the consumer court to settle the issue. But over their the possible ruling would be a refund and removal of the said product from their site. but the Court ordering a written apology from the vendor on their site? my guess is as good as yours.

This is exactly what I have been suggesting to FK. I am not saying I am suing them for an error for which only Disney can be accountable i.e. incorrect packaging/ labelling. Heck, I am not even sure if I will be suing either of them. I am just asking for opinions/ advice. But if I go ahead and do sue them, it will be Disney for incorrect description and FK for continuing selling it on their website een after it was brought into their notice. Tell me if I am wrong.

He cannot watch them as HE want them with the current discs.. I was just mentioning about the alternatives using the original discs.. if he wants the DVD then he cant watch it till he gets a Region Free or Region 5 Discs.
That is how I intended. That I insert the disc in my Indian PS3 and it would play. I have already tried many alternatives. Watched it on my pc while it was airing and then also streaming. I bought it coz it said it was region compatible.

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
FK for continuing selling it on their website een after it was brought into their notice. Tell me if I am wrong. .
*i.imgur.com/z3xNG.jpg
You posted it yesturday. I just checked this morning. They pulled it down. FK is not selling it now. They realized it and stopped. It takes time for anyone to check stocks, see regional code and make the decisions accordingly. Since this is barely a day old, I say this is extremely quick considering others don't respond it that quick.

Shady business? Seriously? Its more like a goof-up.

They offered me a refund to which I refused as I got lured into the offer as I was getting a great discount at one of my favorite TV shows, LOST. I said I am ready to wait for 1 month or two months or whatever it takes to get the correct product, but I do not want a refund.
Take the refund and get it over with. You created a thread and a blogpost so you've done your part. They have marked the product as out of stock so no1 would be buying it- unless they get the region code right. Chances are their stocks have the same issue so most likely they're returning it to the distributor who have stocked the item. You'll be surprised how many jhol distributors do, there were times customers found copies that specify clearly that this magazine is not meant to be sold (printed separately for subscribers) on retail. So **** happens.

Last edited:

ambar.hitman

Journeyman
^Yup. And

In the meanwhile, I posted a review on the product page which went something like this (don’t have the exact wordings as I don’t have an exact copy and I didn’t expected them to delete my review):

Do not buy this product. This is an incorrectly region encoded product and does not play on Indian region players.

Check your email, you get a review rejection email that contains your review IIRC. Meanwhile, let us assume, you have written:
Do not buy this product. This is an incorrectly region encoded product and does not play on Indian region players

Now, FK has sold 200 copies of same DVD set, out of which YOU complained, rest all played it fine. The disc has written Region codes on it, Vendor is saying it should work, and no one else has complained, so, Why will they keep your review? Isn't it misleading?

And then you say they keep all positive reviews, why would they NOT do that? They are selling the products. They are well within their rights to keep that. Anyone will keep that. And why should they remove review of LOST series? What if some one saw the discount, didn't know much about series, and instead of googling, wanted to check the series review? Wont he be helped in that way in deciding the purchase? So according to you, EACH review should describe the product. So if I am to review God of War or Max Payne 3 Blu Ray review, I should say that the box was beautiful, the game disc worked for me, the disc was clean, the manual was crisp and then get done with it? Really?

Last edited:
OP
mayanks_098

mayanks_098

world is evil
*i.imgur.com/z3xNG.jpg
You posted it yesturday. I just checked this morning. They pulled it down. FK is not selling it now. They realized it and stopped. It takes time for anyone to check stocks, see regional code and make the decisions accordingly. Since this is barely a day old, I say this is extremely quick considering others don't respond it that quick.

I have already said this in OP.

mayanks_098 said:
Where things stand as per our last telephonic conversation (last Friday): They say they aren’t denying that I am facing the issue, but they reject that they are selling a wrong region encoded product and they reject my proposal/ suggestion to stop selling it. The product is now “Not in stock”. It continued to sell for a long time since I registered this complaint, and I am assuming they sold it till their stocks were exhausted?

Shady business? Seriously? Its more like a goof-up.

Take the refund and get it over with. You created a thread and a blogpost so you've done your part. They have marked the product as out of stock so no1 would be buying it- unless they get the region code right. ...

Wrong. Like I said, the product was selling even after I gave the feedback. I have also mentioned that they have told me that they do not accept the wrong product scenario and WILL Continue to sell it on the website. And it was out of stock before I wrote the blog post or these threads.

^Yup. And

Check your email, you get a review rejection email that contains your review IIRC. Meanwhile, let us assume, you have written:
Do not buy this product. This is an incorrectly region encoded product and does not play on Indian region players

Now, FK has sold 200 copies of same DVD set, out of which YOU complained, rest all played it fine. The disc has written Region codes on it, Vendor is saying it should work, and no one else has complained, so, Why will they keep your review? Isn't it misleading?

Not misleading. May be I should have put it in a positive spin, like others have suggested to make it "acceptable", but definitely not misleading for someone who wants to play it on Indian region player, assuming that this is....India?

And then you say they keep all positive reviews, why would they NOT do that? They are selling the products. They are well within their rights to keep that. Anyone will keep that. And why should they remove review of LOST series? What if some one saw the discount, didn't know much about series, and instead of googling, wanted to check the series review? Wont he be helped in that way in deciding the purchase? So according to you, EACH review should describe the product. So if I am to review God of War or Max Payne 3 Blu Ray review, I should say that the box was beautiful, the game disc worked for me, the disc was clean, the manual was crisp and then get done with it? Really?

If somebody wants to just buy it for discount w/o knowing about it, or wanted to read/ write reviews about movies, he would go to niche sites IMDB/ RT). I am not saying they are all bad. IMO, both, the movie AND DVD info can help user decide. But movie info ALONE does not alone help. Like in this case, had there been a review mentioning region issues, would not have bought it.

dhalka

Right off the assembly line
The same thing happened to me also. Bought a Pinocchio bluray from flipkart but it's coded as region B. So I'm unable to play it on my player. Though Disney india is offering bluray movie at much lower prices but it's just disappointing. Here is a pic.

*s15.postimage.org/w3rngdxrr/DSCN5298.jpg

Roshan9415

Broken In
Simple Bro,unlock ur region code in DVD player by ur remote,after that u can play any type locked DVD if flipkart doesnot help u.

Read the entire post.Haven't read the comments though.I think you should not back out in any case now.You have been through an ordeal and make Flipkart and Disney know this by filing a legal case.Just getting the proper Bluerays/DVD won't be justice to you.Demand an adequate compensation.

Top Bottom