Flight mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnephSi

GONNA GET ALL OF YOU
Hy friends could u tell me the real meaning of flight mode....whe=n we r on an airliner airhostess tol us 2 switch off the cell. can i put flight mode n enjoy the music or shall i follow da rules dr.......

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hy friends could u tell me the real meaning of flight mode....whe=n we r on an airliner airhostess tol us 2 switch off the cell. can i put flight mode n enjoy the music or shall i follow da rules dr.......
The Rule u should not use any "PHONE" inside flight and no MP3 players while the flight taking off of landing (don't know why). But u can use u MP3 player or the MP3 player when the seat-belt option is not on.
Mainly in cells, when in flight mode the call function doesn't work.

k4ce

Youngling
IN FLIGHT mode turns off the GSM services .... its as good as using your fone without a sim card ... in many countries , you are permitted to use ur phone in flight mode during the flight (except take off and landing where all electronic apps are to be turned off) ... but here in india , u are not allowed to turn on ur fone (in flight mode, or otherwise) throughout the flight

OP
JohnephSi

JohnephSi

GONNA GET ALL OF YOU
it is specially designed 4 ds..n named itself as flight mode na...when will ds b permitted in india...they said it wud dstrb ther communication

Tamoghno

Padawan
Flight mode means all the wireless transmission including cellular , bluetooth and wifi will nbe turned off. This is to protect the electronics of the plane from any interference .

Btw , if you use flight mode in train or in places without signal you can significantly boost battery life . Because the weaker the signal the higher the battery drain so it makes sense to completely turn off wireless completely when you will not be able to get signal anyway .

Power UP

In the zone
Seriously buddy don't use it. Its not worth it. If anything at all goes wrong, they will blame you even when technically its not your fault. And all you wanted to do was to enjoy some music.
Here laws are twisted by various means, a big risk u will take to cut a few hours of boredom.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hey I've used it lotsa time. Used headphone while listening to. May be they mis-understood it for iPod like things.

k4ce

Youngling
@ power UP , chill dude .... all aeroplanes are tested for emi/emc ... so there is no way a cell phone can bring a plane down ... its just a precautionary measure ... i've seen ppl taking videos wid their fones ... checking till wat altitude they get signal and stuff ... nothing happens

the real reasons are security risks ... also do u observe that how as soon as the plane lands everybody switches on their cell phones and start yaking immediately ... just imagine that happeneing when airhopstesses are running around giving security instructions ...

Power UP

In the zone
Dude i know its just a safety precaution. But still the airplane crew doesn't usually want to take a chance were the the plane's onboard navigation systems is affected in the very slightest bit, the whole thing is dubious but people are like that.

But thats not the point i was trying to pass in my previous post. Here its in the mindset of most people that using mobile during flight is dangerous.

And i was talking with some experience there. A few years back when i flew to cochin, a guy was caught playing a gameboy advance which is a farcry from a mobile. The air hostess clearly mentioned before take off that all electronic devices should be switched off during flight. The dude probably got bored or desperate or whatever enough to take it out and was playing it silently. Apparently one of the passengers noticed it and alerted the crew. His gba was confiscated and after landing he was taken in by the airport security for questioning. I didn't stick around to find out what happened to him, most probably he would have been let off after a stern warning.

Now this is what i was talking about. He didn't do anything technically wrong, the airplane didn't explode lol but still he had to face unnecessary headaches. Now in my books it was not worth it, your mileage may vary.

Anyway these are my thoughts. Has kept me out of trouble till now. You are not obliged to take my advice.
I am just painting out an aftermath that "might" happen. Don't be paranoid, just smart.

But if u really feel the need, use a mobile, laptop etc. and knock yourself out. I am happy just reading a magazine and following the rules as close as possible without getting hurt :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom