Fix Needed for Battery Consuming Apps on Android

mohityadavx

Youngling
Hello,

I am using HTC One (M7), running on Android 5.0. The problem is that I need to use this notorious app 'IBM Verse' for checking my university's mails and it consumes a minimum of 20-25% of my battery. I have tried putting the sync to manual instead of automatic but so far it hasnt done me much good, its still consuming the same amount of power. I need to know as to how can I reign in this monstrosity.

Other alternative is to use inbuilt mail or another mail application but the problem is that I dont have any information to set it up on another app. ( I have the username, password and the server url, but the server is not accepting IMAP/POP connection, I believ they dont support it).

Can anyone help me how can I reduce the battery consumption of this app which single-handedly consumers more than one fourth of my phone's battery.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
A phone as good as HTC One! And you using it untapped the power it beholds. -_-

Anyway, the app is probably keeping your device awake. It's the app's fault. Contact the developer. Complain of them about this issue. Probably they fix in next update.

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
Well, many people have left negative reviews on the app but IBM wont do a thing. Doubt one more will motivate them to do so. Anyways, I rooted and flashed my LG P500 withing first 15 days of my purchase and never used the stock rom again but HTC Sense is pretty nice, the phone works nice as it is, and doesnt give me space constraint so simply never felt the need to tinker with it but I guess for the lack of options I will root it now.

Thanks a lot both of you, Saiyangoku and and vyom.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I refrained from rooting my Moto X too. Since unlike P500 I didn't feel the need to do so. But there was only few months I could contain myself. :D

(Actually I needed to get to Lollipop). :rolleyes:

Top Bottom