Fix laptop overheating problems with a little DIY spirit!

bhupati

Broken In
I used to have overheating problems on my laptop and it'd hibernate after 10mins of gameplay. But after some basic surgery and blowing lots of dust, it is working fine. Now you could go to a service center for this but that's not how we do things at thinkdigit, right? :cool:

Learn how to fix overheating problems in your laptop by cleaning its fan and reapplying thermal paste. This video also shows the dis-assembly process for the HP Pavillion G6 laptop (last year's model) with common steps that you can apply on any recent consumer laptop:

Last edited:

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Re: Fix laptop overheating with a little DIY spirit!

^^Very good job..
which software did you use to edit video?
I like the Subtitle fonts(Segoi UI light fell in love with it after saw it on win8..)

You could have used a stnd for placing camera or simply put it on pile of books or something to make video stable..

Do you have a record of temperatures b4/aftr ?

OP
B

bhupati

Broken In

Thanks!
I'm learning After Effects (a great place to learn) and thought should make a video with what I've learnt so far :)
I only have a mobile phone so can't do anything about the shaky cam capture!
And I totally forgot about recording temps before! But the reboots have stopped and it's very noticeably cooler now!

And yeah segoiUI rocks! Even better than Roboto :)

Thanks man!! My laptop warranty will end after two months. This video will be highly useful afterwards.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent

And I totally forgot about recording temps before!

No problem...
post your current max load temps..
try prime 95,OCCT & if you are confident then try Furmark+prime95..(did that once after first cleaning.. hit 87C in 10 mins & 92C in 20 mins.. then I shut it down :-D)

Edit : Also do post Ambient temps. (they affect a lot My temps during summers net browsing on battery+power saver = 52C & in winter HighPerf + charging = 35C )

OP
B

bhupati

Broken In

I'll download those later but for now I'm getting this from core temp

View attachment 11395

This is after rendering the video for nearly all evening. Ambient is 31°C with just the ceiling fan around.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

+100 would recommend this to any poor soul undergoing laptop overheating.. I did this once (never changed heatsink tho, just cleaned clogged fan) and my temp dropped by atleast 5C

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Thread stuck on top. :)

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Very nice work and compilation.

I regularly do similar thing with my desktop and laptop, quite effective. :)

OP
B

bhupati

Broken In
^ Yup, if people trying out this method (dis-assembling+cleaning) can post their video in this thread, it can become a great collection of model specific maintenance.

Akintex

Broken In
I used to have overheating problems on my laptop and it'd hibernate after 10mins of gameplay. But after some basic surgery and blowing lots of dust, it is working fine. Now you could go to a service center for this but that's not how we do things at thinkdigit, right? :cool:

Learn how to fix overheating problems in your laptop by cleaning its fan and reapplying thermal paste. This video also shows the dis-assembly process for the HP Pavillion G6 laptop (last year's model) with common steps that you can apply on any recent consumer laptop:

My cq 50 laptop is burning at 70'c alwayes. It has amd 2.0 X2 cpu.
How to cool it down.:banghead:

Top Bottom