Fitting cpu onto motherboard if it is unsupported?

Raaendrsen

Right off the assembly line
I'm looking at getting an AM3 motherboard and CPU however the manufacturers site says the mb only supports the cpu with certain bio version. What would happen if I was to put the cpu onto the mb that didn't have a bios version higher then what the website states? Since I would not be able to update the bios as I don't have an extra AM3 cpu.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
get 8series chipset based mobo & an AM3 processor. i doubt it'll require bios update. but still can you state which board & processor you are going for?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
What would happen if I was to put the cpu onto the mb that didnld not be able to update the bios as I don't have an extra AM3 cpu.'t have a bios version higher then what the website states?
When 890GPA UD3H was with me for reviewing, the first bios detects the x6 as unknown and 2 cores weren't detected on the bios, but it used to run stable enough to do a bios flash. Some won't be able to boot. Nevertheless usually newer manufactured boards come with the latest bioses that they have at the point manufacturing. Its not an issue for the currently available boards+ processors.

Top Bottom