First time biker ...How do I go about it?

sumit05

In the zone
I've booked FZ-S, Orange blue*bharathautos.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/2012-FZS-Fiery_Orange1.jpg

Few question:
I currently have only LL and the bike won't have it's number plate when released (although registration number would be given).
The showroom is around 2 km from my home. So when getting the bike, if a cop catches me what do I say??

This is Orange only.No Orange blue:p

d3p

PowerHouse
Firstly, Congrats on your New Bike...

Well, there has been some nice advices to you in the earlier post.

Pay Attention to the below

1). Inspect your Vehicle before taking out for a RIDE. You don't have any idea, what someone else would have done to your Bike, when its parked in the Mall Parking Zone or Office Parking area or outside. Inspect Brakes, Clutch, Engine Oil Level, Amount of Petrol Left in the Tank. Most Importantly, make sure your ride is set to Neutral Gear before & after any Trip, as you are a starter. Check your Tyre Pressure every time, whenever you visit Petrol Bunk for refilling.

2). Read the Manual & instructions before hand & know your Bike.

3). Always get your Bike Serviced at the designated Service Centers with the designated period or KM's. Have a test ride before your Bike is delivered out of the Service Center. Inspect your Battery Serial Number with your battery warranty slip & make sure they are matching.

4). Also read the Insurance Coverage on your Bike. Read & understand, what is exactly being Covered & what's not.

5). As the Bike is new, try not to ride hard with Increased Rev. Keep it simple & linear. Don't try to ride the bike above 60's till you complete your first Servicing.

6). Make sure your are familiar with the Control Panel. Specially with the Lights, Horns & Pass-By Lights, Choke & Indicators. Its very hard to reach one of them at night, specially when its dark.

7). Safety should be your first priority. Not only for you & your Bike. Also for the other commuters on the roads. Always wear Helmet when you're in charge of your Bike. No matter whether you are riding to the next grocery shop close by or a far distance. Wear Shoes always, as your Bike is a toe shifter.

8). Make sure you have the emergency numbers stored in your Mobile, which includes Police, Ambulance & the first person to be contact in case of any emergency. Never use Mobiles, PMP's or go out of Focus when you are riding & are on Road. Believe me or not, in many cases like people gathered on the road because of accidents. Other tend to lose their focus on the road. They watch them & try to know, what's happening out there. Its better to avoid, in case your are sensitive to handle situations like this or keep your ride on the left side of the road till its Cleared.

9). The Most important thing : Learn to use your vehicle mirrors. They are very important aspects in your Ride. The Moment you hear or see an ambulance/police sirens back of your ride or near your ride, its better to immediately slow down & keep towards left side of the road.

10). Speeding or Being a Maniac on Indian Roads is not safe for you as well for others. Why ?? Firstly you are not sure most of the times, how well the Roads are maintained. Second is the pedestrians. Third is the Bus, Auto, Other fellow bikers..blah blah. When riding at night make sure you keep your Headlamps in Dipper Mode, which doesn't goes straight on the Opposite direction Traffic.

11). Maintain your Bike well, it will take care of the rest. Same goes with your Health.

Have a nice time with your Bike & Keep your Eyes Wide Open, when on Road.

OP
eggman

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Just got my first servicing done !
Every thing is great, except that the front brake feels much more softer now than before!
It scares me a little while riding.

Is it normal and will the brakes be back to normal after few kms. (Already rode 28 km after servicing).

d3p

PowerHouse
Yes, after the Oil change the Disk tend to not work for sometime. So be careful during those days. after 40-50Kms, the disk brakes works normal as before.

OP
eggman

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Yes, after the Oil change the Disk tend to not work for sometime. So be careful during those days. after 40-50Kms, the disk brakes works normal as before.

Oh thanks :)
Ya , during servicing the engine oil did get changed.
I was thinking maybe they screwed up something .
Good to know that.

Will drive for 30-40 km more and see what happens. :)

OP
eggman

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
One more question.
How long does it take to get the DL??

I had given the test last Tuesday and yet to receive them.

I'm from bangalore.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

d3p

PowerHouse
If you have acquired the Learner's License then Driving License won't take more than a week after the test.

OP
eggman

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
If you have acquired the Learner's License then Driving License won't take more than a week after the test.

Oh! I have given test 9 days ago for DL..still awaiting :(
I've given my home address, but I'm not there 9-5.
Maybe they've come and gone. But they should call atleast...:(

d3p

PowerHouse
Oh! I have given test 9 days ago for DL..still awaiting :(
I've given my home address, but I'm not there 9-5.
Maybe they've come and gone. But they should call atleast...:(

Generally they send such documents through Indian Post EMS. Usually they will leave the DL at your doorstep. And weird thing is they won't call you at your number to inform "You got a parcel"

OP
eggman

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
During reviews , I've seen people claim that the top speed of the bike was 105-115 (with a pillon rider).

Today in a highway , I tried to attain the highest speed, but unfortunately the bike won't go above 90 km (with pillon).

RPM at top gear was around 7000 , when I hit 90.

I usually change gears between 4-5k.
What could be the reason of such low speed?
Is it because the bike is new or I'm riding it wrong?

Top Bottom