First look at PlayStation 3 chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

svk

Journeyman
Some details of the chip inside Sony's PlayStation 3 have been revealed.
source : *news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4051983.stm

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
The chip specificatons are truly good and wonderful that they plan to use the same chip in HDTV and high End computers...( However after 1 year defination of highend computer will definatly change since they plan to release it in 2006)
I expected the PS3 to be released by start 2005...Its been a lotsa time ps2 has been realesed and Xbox is gaining ahead of ps2 just due to its high specification and Picture quality... Any game available on both platform lookes ever more lovely on Xbox...somehow i thought Sony has been late by precisely 1 year and in computer or Technology business, 1 year late is aDeath warant...
Still Eagerly waiting for ps3

devilhead_satish

In the zone
XBox 2 on its way

Sony may revolutionise but Microsoft can do much better. Lets see thogh who wins. And by the way I am getting bored of going to that PS2 cafe.

imprince

Journeyman
svk said:
Some details of the chip inside Sony's PlayStation 3 have been revealed.
source : *news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4051983.stm

plz tell me what is playstation ,,, realy i don't know.... i think this is an game playing utility/software :wink: :?:

moshel

Padawan
imprince said:
plz tell me what is playstation ,,, realy i don't know.... i think this is an game playing utility/software :wink: :?:

Whoa! Now Thats A Hard Question?????? :roll: :idea: :shock:

moshel

Padawan
I think i had read in digit only that ps3 is going to use the new blue ray disc which has a capacity of 27 gigs. they havent mentioned anything bout that??

and what does Ken Kutaragi mean to say by "Current PC architecture is nearing its limits "

Does he mean to say that pcs cant get any faster than this or something like that....all i think is that he is wrong if he is talking about that

DKant

In the zone
plz tell me what is playstation ,,, realy i don't know.... i think this is an game playing utility/software
It's a gaming console.;)
.:peace:.

and what does Ken Kutaragi mean to say by "Current PC architecture is nearing its limits "

Maybe he means that there's only a certain amount of data "Current PC Architecture" can manage with serial/sequential (or whatever it's called :roll:) processing. When ur dealing with increasingly data-intensive applications..pushing up clock speeds/cache_sizes/FSB etc can only go so far (methinx).

The chip will be made of several different processing cores that work on tasks together.

^^That'll will be needed in the near future, when u have data of the order of several gigs to deal with (for a SINGLE app!) :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom