Firmware upgrade

Vaibhav20

Broken In
If while upgrading my lg 32lm6400's firmware there is a power cut and the operation couldn't be completed. So will my t.v be bricked forever or i can start all over again?

Minion

Conversation Architect
Upgrading TV is a risk affair I don't have tried to upgrade my TV but you can connect your to UPS when updating it for extra safety.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I have upgraded my TV firmware with latest one it was very easy.just extract image copy it to usb drive connect it to TV and select update software.
Image Quality of my TV has improved drastically.
Download firmware from only official lg site or you may brick your TV.

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
If while upgrading my lg 32lm6400's firmware there is a power cut and the operation couldn't be completed. So will my t.v be bricked forever or i can start all over again?

No, you TV would NOT bricked forever. If your TV does not turn on, you will have to call up a service center. There are ways to get back to stock firmware, which may include utilizing a terminal program on a computer to access the internal OS of your TV. The procedure can be quite complicated, so it's always best to let the experts handle something like this.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
offtopic: Brick your TV? I think the proper phrase would be "Wall your TV" :lol: see get it .. any one ? :-?

OP
V

Vaibhav20

Broken In
No, you TV would NOT bricked forever. If your TV does not turn on, you will have to call up a service center. There are ways to get back to stock firmware, which may include utilizing a terminal program on a computer to access the internal OS of your TV. The procedure can be quite complicated, so it's always best to let the experts handle something like this.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Thanks

Top Bottom