firewall wont uninstall or reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcticflare

Journeyman
i had a copy of zone alarm6.1.737 installed on my pc. this firewall got corrupt due to some reason and now when i try to uninstall it, it flashes a warning saying that 'validation failed for C:/Document/locals/temp/vsinit.dll. you are probably missing a necessary root certificate' and one more saying 'validation failed for c:/windows/system32/vsdata.dll. you are probably missing a necessary root certificate.' Even reinstallation pops up the same warning. plz help i need a firewall up and running soon.

anandk

Distinguished Member
clear ur temp folders. use ccleaner (www.ccleaner.com) for it...a good freeware. reboot.

then go to SAFE MODE, and try to uninstall za; or else try to reinstall it...

or else, see if you can do a systemrestore to a point prior to installing za.

also try to post ur query in za forum itself *www.zonelabs.com/store/content/sup...jsp?dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en&lid=ts_userforum

if all fails, just delete the za folder, search for zone alarm and zone labs on ur doc&settings folder, delete them, if reqd, in safe mode. then use the registry cleaner of ccleaner to clean up ur registry. then do a fresh za install.

hope it helps.

OP
arcticflare

arcticflare

Journeyman
when i try to install older version it says installed version is newer and it wont install the older version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom