• I have the source code.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
We all know that Firefox is open source, but I wonder how many browsers are available based on Firefox source code.

Also I wanted to know how many have downloaded the source code and modified it for you needs or atleast have seen the code.

praka123

left this forum longback
firefox uses gecko engine as u know.eiphany browser(which i use) is almost firefox a like(except gui).

blackpearl

The Devil
mehulved said:
Ever since I moved to gentoo, I compile firefox on my own PC, from the source code.

Just compiling the source code to get the executable doesn't count. I think the poll question asked if you have modified or customized the source code according to your need.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^I included modified/compiled ... If you have atleast compiled then its good

praka123

left this forum longback
For some this may be a very old news :rolleyes:
dont u ppl heard about swiftfox-optimized for diffrnt processor archtkrrs? :D
Swiftfox is an optimized build of Mozilla Firefox. Swiftfox has builds for both AMD and Intel processors. The 2.0.0.6 release is based on Firefox 2.0.0.6.

The trunk is the most cutting edge of all the builds and is where Firefox 3 is being developed.

Branch builds are built from a code base that has been tested much more than the trunk and therefore should be considered to be more stable.

Swiftfox 2.0.0.7pre is from the 1.8 branch which is where Mozilla tests security patches and other minor fixes before they release the next Firefox update. If you want your security patches as soon as possible and require a browser built from a stable code base this build is perfect for you.
*getswiftfox.com/
^chalo try karo ;)
why waste time compiling from sorrrz?
Ah!even deb/ubuntu repository too available.check the site
*getswiftfox.com/debian.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom