Firefox: Preview that tab with "Tab Scope" [Screenshots warning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie

El mooooo
Source: Mozilla Links
Want an easier way to identify a tab? You may have seen the variety of Firefox extensions that present thumbnails of all the currently open tabs.

An all new Firefox extension namely Tab Scope, developed by Gomita, brings a new approach that shows a thumbnail of a tab contents when you hover it. Along with the thumbnail you get basic back, forward, reload and stop buttons, another one for closing the tab and zooming in the thumbnail for a larger version.

You can customize whether you want to see the thumbnail for the current thumbnail (which just doesn’t make sense) and the size of the regular and zoomed in thumbnails.

An interesting apporach you may want to try at Mozilla Add-ons.
*addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/images/preview/4882/1
*addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/images/preview/4882/2
*addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/images/preview/4882/3

OP
eddie

eddie

El mooooo
I understand what you are saying but this extension kind of provides functionality of Opera's tab thumbnails + additional functions. You can do all the clicking business without moving away from your current tab...and it makes working with those tabs really easy :)

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
^ i got that. i missed opera for that. :D
There used to be this extension which showed thumbnails on the Back & forward buttons as well as history. i guess it was Reveal. Wasn't updated for Firefox 2 so i removed it. Does Tab scope do that?

goobimama

 Macboy
Is there extension that you guys know to show the current active tab? In my current theme "Vista Black 1.0", I can hardly differentiate between the active one tab from the others...

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
^ you can customize the appearance of the active tab using TabMixPlus or another useful extension, PageStyletoTab which applies the style of the page to the tab.
there is another called colored tabs.
You may do it without extensions even, using Stylish (another extension and a must have) CSS scripts

OP
eddie

eddie

El mooooo
goobimama said:
Is there extension that you guys know to show the current active tab? In my current theme "Vista Black 1.0", I can hardly differentiate between the active one tab from the others...
Even though Free Radical has given you a solution but if you post it as a problem in QnA section with a screenshot then may be we will be in better position to help you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom