Firefox maliciuos website ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xmen360

Broken In
Hello,
I read in another forum that a well known *ahem* site now pops up a malicious website message in Firefox 3.And indeed it does.I checked it myself.
Now I want to know how come Firefox does it ? I mean when we type a site address in the browser it connects to the DNS server,gets the ip of the site and then directly connects to the site ...aint it ? Then how come Firefox can put its leg in between ? Do whatever we browse travel through Firefox's server/Google's server (the sites are usually tagged maliciuos by google)? Or does firefox also checks up with google for every site we visit behind the screen ?

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Not unable to understand you fully but firefox might show a security warning if you try to open a suspected site if you have checked boxes next to Tell me if the site I'm visiting is a suspected attack-ste and Tell me if the site I'm visiting is a suspected forgery. in Security tab in firefox preferences.

mrintech

Technomancer
Hello,
I read in another forum that a well known *ahem* site now pops up a malicious website message in Firefox 3.And indeed it does.I checked it myself.
Now I want to know how come Firefox does it ? I mean when we type a site address in the browser it connects to the DNS server,gets the ip of the site and then directly connects to the site ...aint it ? Then how come Firefox can put its leg in between ? Do whatever we browse travel through Firefox's server/Google's server (the sites are usually tagged maliciuos by google)? Or does firefox also checks up with google for every site we visit behind the screen ?
Firefox has tie up with google. Also they might do research also

*i33.tinypic.com/547y93.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom