Firefox downloading RARs and ZIPs directly by IDM .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Using Firefox latest build. IDM 5.11 build 6 ( IDM = Internet Download Manager ).
Generally while downloading a RAR or ZIP , Firefox pops up a window asking various questions ..like... Open with , Save to , download with etc etc

like .. *img229.imageshack.us/img229/9183/clipboard03ru1.th.jpg

Unfortunately, while downloading one RAR , i seemed to have Selected download with IDM and "Do this automatically...." , as a result , any rar file i click , instead of the Option window appearing , the file gets directly taken up by IDM ! Which is not so convenient all the time! I want to have this reversed!

Any idea how this may be done ?

Using WinXP SP2 ...

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
1. You can change the settings of "RAR" files in "Tools -> Options -> Content -> Manage".
2. If "RAR" file extension is not present there, then you can remove "RAR" from IDM settings:

"Downloads -> Options -> File Types"

OP
Thor

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
HI Vishal , thanks for the reply ,

1. RAR is indeed not present there , which i had tried earlier already.
2. Removing RAR from IDM , did not help. As I have deisabled monitoring of FF / Mozilla from IDM.. so its not IDM which is catching the RARs , its FF which is feeding IDM the RAR :p so to say ..if u catch my drift!

Any trick like Editing the registry or somehow edit the config file of FF may do it right ? I have no idea...

Any other suggestions Mr.Vista ? :D ... ANy will be welcome ! I am loathe to format right now.... otherwise... i wudn't have taken the pain! With my incremental's backup in place, getting a previous state will be a breeze.. Unfortunately my HDDs are almost full to the brim , and formatting is not an Option! :p

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom