Firefox 1.5 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
For all the ppl with the blinking cursor thing, it's a "feature" of FX and not a bug :D

Tools>Options>Advanced>General>Allow text to be selected using the keyboard. Turn this off and off goes the annoying cursor! It can be also enabled/disabled using F7 key.

By the way, in case anyone wants to d/l: (5 mb)
*ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.5rc2/update/mac/en-US/

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Dudes, RC3 is now available for download. Use your auto update in case you have RC2 or beta installed already.

*ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.5rc3/win32/en-US/Firefox Setup 1.5rc3.exe

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
I just updated it. Still my search engines and the bookmarks and customize toolbar doesnt work. Damn I am just gonna uninstall and do a fresh install.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
thnx drgrudge :D
I hv firefox 1.5 RC2 installed and hv not faced ne problem yet, except 2 or 3 little problems, which I mentioned earlier...

Will update to this RC3 too :D

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Mozilla Firefox 1.5 Released
Tuesday November 29th, 2005

The final release of Mozilla Firefox 1.5 is now available for download from GetFirefox.com for most major operating systems or from the mirrors. Users of the release candidates should receive the update soon.

Firefox 1.5 introduces several new features, including an improved software update system, faster Back / Forward page navigation, a new options to clear private browsing data, drag-and-drop reordering of browser tabs, a redesigned Options/Preferences window and more robust popup blocking. Standards support is also improved, with support for Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), JavaScript 1.6 and additional CSS properties. Accessibility is much improved (including new DHTML accessibility features), security has been enhanced and Mac OS X support has also been improved.

More details can be found in the 1.5 Release Notes, and the support forums staff is available for questions.
Head here for more:
*www.mozilla.com/firefox/releases/1.5.html

The auto update thing is not working as of now.. I don't want to d/l 5mb instead of 400kb :p

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Very strange!!!!

that the Auto Update is not detecting the new version?

But I'll definitely d/l this new version after completing this post :D

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
hey the themes and extensions page had a makeovr, now u can add search engines like imdb, ebay, espn, bit torrent. check it out.

*addons.mozilla.org/?application=firefox

G

gxsaurav

downloaded & installed, lets see if it can make me switch from IE 6 SP2(maxthon) or not

although, i don't find speed advantages

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Hmm. .. those who have 1.5 RC3 already installed need not update as RC3 is same as 1.5 Final :d
That's why FX din't update :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom