Firefox 1.5 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Head here for more:
*www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.5.html

Download: (at your risk,it's RC but better than the betas and deer parks)
*www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.5.html#download

G

gxsaurav

what about extension support, does it support the previous one,many of the extensions I use haven't been updated in a long while

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
i have seen this with evry new FF version... they r very slow to supprot the Adblock install or may b its the extesion which is slow in reacting with the news relese to make it self support that new version...

Ablock is the only resion i am using FireFox..... if it doesnt work then there is no resion for me to stick to this browser.... :cry:

btw the screenshot doesnt look any different from the 1.0 version...

i hope it has lot of different thing in action...

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

By the way I tried this yesterday. I am not satisfied, 1.0.7 was better.
There are still lot of bugs to be fixed.

Do you guys see the blinking cursor thing in all the parts of the page? It comes in images, ads and other not editable areas as well...
Favicon problem as well...

There is no kickass features in this wrt to 1.0.7 (IMO and for my needs), but the speeds are really fast and the page rendering is good and not to forget the autoupdate of just .5mb to the new version.

RC2 /final RC will be out on nov. 11th hopefully, I will update and update here.

kato

Karthiksn
some ppl out there are making themes for these RC and beta releases rather than for the 1.0.7 .Like the Black Japan theme which i like the most.

drgrudge why did u say to download RC1 at our own risk

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Couple of things. The toolbar customizations does not work once your browser is restarted. And neither do the Add Engines feature for the Search bar. Which I find extremely wierd esp since its a RC and not a Beta.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

No, icecoolz.

The toolbar customizations did work for me, what do you mean by toolbar customizations exactly?

The add engines do work, I got IMDb, Torrentspy, Merriam webster thesaurus/dictionary on it and deleted all others as I dont use them.

By the way, did you see the the blinking cursor thing in all the parts of the page? It comes in images, ads and other not editable areas as well...
Screenshots:
*www.neowin.net/forum/uploads/post-84383-1131328684.gif

*www.neowin.net/forum/uploads/post-84383-1131328697.gif

I took the above to get support at Neowin.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
My search engines did not have any in them and no matter what I did I could not add any search engines at all. No idea why tho. And the toolbar customization is where in you can customize and add buttons such as new tabs, downloads and so on.

And yea I saw the blinking cursor. Everywhere!! I have no idea why they did that tho....

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Yeah, my toobars work good and is customisable as well :D

Ice, do you know that not all have the cursor thing, as far as I know, only we both have it :lol:

By the way, it's fast dont you think so?

whim_gen

Journeyman
^^
Yeah,even I too have that damn cursor everywhere.
I had thought that it was due to some of the modifications I did using the extensions :?:
It turns out that it is a bug huh?
Damn cursor

kato

Karthiksn
its not a bug for me though i dont see it. Did u all do a clean install or installed it upon the 1.0.7

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

I installed on top of 1.0.7, it's not due to extensions, I tried to disable the extensions and saw the result, it still it persists.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
The speed is def up there. I have to give it that. And thats the only reason why I am sticking to it despite the toolbar and search engine irritations. And the cursor thing is defenitely wierd. When I browse some other forums the cursor doesnt even show in the quick reply boxes!! But speed is a def posotive.

kato

Karthiksn
hey i feel everyone is facing different sets of problem its like some face this problem and some face other.Though some problems are same for some people.
I have a problem sometimes some of the pages dont load and some load only half

Offtopic: My connection berserk too my phone is dead but i can connect to internet i m on dataone

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Dudes, we can update now... RC2 is just 380+kb update from RC1. Firefox will show it as 1.5, but many say that this is RC2 only..

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
drgrudge said:
RC2 is now available as updates.
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/

The built is not yet available as d/l, only update as now, but only MAC users were able to d/l :lol:

Hope it fixes the bugs that I had in RC1. Can't wait to update :D

MAC is a networking term. i.e. NIC MAC address

Mac is Apple's OS :)

Btw, Camino v1 also had an update... it is in beta stage.. it fixed the blinking cursor bug. Did it fix in Firefox?

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

I dont care abt MAC/Mac...

The blinking cursor thing is not with all the users. Only some of us expeirence it.
Yes, for me that is not yet fixed.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Today I installed this new 1.5 RC2 :D
Yes! I found it a little bit faster than previous ones!

And I'm not facing ne blinking cursor problem!

But I found 3 things irritating, which were not in previous versions (like 1.0.7):

1.) The dotted rectangle, which appears whenever we select nething like when we click on tabs:

*img126.imageshack.us/img126/1773/untitled16vm.jpg

2.) I found on many sites, that it can't display list boxes properly:

*img126.imageshack.us/img126/1341/untitled28jk.jpg

3.) The hand icon, which appears when we want to customize the toolbars in firefox, earlier there was not ne hand icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom