Find the name of the Game??

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, now that digitans have successfully "cracked this code", why not try to identify another game.
Its a game I used to pay when I was in school, about more than 10 yrs ago, in game parlors. It was a great game with awesome graphics, but I forgot the name.

1. It was a side scrolling game and was played from left to right (like Contra)
2. During the start of the game, a helicopter used to drop the shooter with a basic gun
3. The premise was a desert in first level
4. Player could be resembled with clothes like Alladin. And villians were all humans too, so no zombies etc.
5. During the game player could get more powerful guns and the upgraded guns used to be awesome
6. Graphics was just awesome, not like Contra, but much better, with no clear boundaries around the objects, but blurred pixels (I don't know how to explain this)
7. The player was static, means it seemed like he was moving, even while it was standing still. Like he was breathing heavily
8. At the end of first stage, a BIG creature/machine used to come from top, and the player needed to shoot it while avoiding the bullets from the creature/machine.
9. The game had multiple levels, and some levels had to be played scrolling down to up. (again like contra)
10. Game could be played with two players simultaneously.

I don't know if I was able to paint a clear picture, but I don't know much apart from it. Do anywhere remember?

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
So here's my "which is this game".

1. It was co-op.
2. My brother and I used to play this and I think there were 4 players. 2, me and him, and 2 AIs.
3. They were all dressed in red clothes and there was one big dude, one lady and two other guys.
4. It was 3D top-down like. Enemies were humans
5. I clearly remember that I could get an axe from the wall by breaking its case. (Err.... lels?)
6. It's an old game.

Thanks for your help in doing a favour for my nostalgia.

ratul

█████████████████
Well, now that digitans have successfully "cracked this code", why not try to identify another game.
Its a game I used to pay when I was in school, about more than 10 yrs ago, in game parlors. It was a great game with awesome graphics, but I forgot the name.

2. During the start of the game, a helicopter used to drop the shooter with a basic gun
4. Player could be resembled with clothes like Alladin. And villians were all humans too, so no zombies etc.
5. During the game player could get more powerful guns and the upgraded guns used to be awesome
6. Graphics was just awesome, not like Contra, but much better, with no clear boundaries around the objects, but blurred pixels (I don't know how to explain this)
7. The player was static, means it seemed like he was moving, even while it was standing still. Like he was breathing heavily
8. At the end of first stage, a BIG creature/machine used to come from top, and the player needed to shoot it while avoiding the bullets from the creature/machine.
9. The game had multiple levels, and some levels had to be played scrolling down to up. (again like contra)

I don't know if I was able to paint a clear picture, but I don't know much apart from it. Do anywhere remember?

seems to me like metal slug series... :mrgreen:

ratul

█████████████████
GOD, YES! It is Metal Slug! Was my description so apt? :D

Thanks, ratul. I am going to FIND this game at whatever cost and play the hell out of it!!! :p

your description was good, me and my brother used to play a hell lot of metal slug, snow bros, contra etc. in childhood... :twisted:

Flash

Lost in speed
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] You missed the part, where the player gets into a tank and shoots others. :)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Sounds like Metal Slug.

- - - Updated - - -

So here's my "which is this game".

1. It was co-op.
2. My brother and I used to play this and I think there were 4 players. 2, me and him, and 2 AIs.
3. They were all dressed in red clothes and there was one big dude, one lady and two other guys.
4. It was 3D top-down like. Enemies were humans
5. I clearly remember that I could get an axe from the wall by breaking its case. (Err.... lels?)
6. It's an old game.

Thanks for your help in doing a favour for my nostalgia.

Need more data.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
My turn:
1. 2D Side scrolling game.
2. We control a wizard with the option of choosing different wizards.
3. We get different powers as we progress such as a boulder magic( a big boulder appears which crushes enemies in front of us).

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
My turn:
3. We get different powers as we progress such as a boulder magic( a big boulder appears which crushes enemies in front of us).

more details like year in which u played graphic quality etc............

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
My turn:

Sounds like, Jetpack Joyride to me. But it don't have "wizards".

Plus 1 for this thread as sticky. Requested.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
My turn:
Mystic towers??? But that was a lot older... Around early 90s, I think... :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] You missed the part, where the player gets into a tank and shoots others. :)

Yea. I forgot a lot of things. But the screenshots on google reminded me of many things, like
* People also used to throw knives to the protagonist
* That old man, who use to be tied up in ropes, and when I freed him, he used to take out a pant and give power ups from it :p Then he used to walk away which seemed like some form of dance (imagine an old guy walking/dancing casually in a freaking war! xD)
* The camel on which he could rode!
* The bombs which he could throw to destroy many villains in one go! .... etc...

Btw, on the related note to the Old man with Pants in Metal Slug...

*funnywebcomic.com//comics/2010-10-04-Videogame-06.gif

beingGamer

In the zone
sorry, adding one more before the previous is guessed..
1. I played this game in like year 1997-2000
2. it was contra kind of game from Blizzard
3. you press up key to hide from enemies
4. when you hide, you see the character in shadow, while the enemies cant and they roam around usually
5. weapons - guns & grenades
6. it was a 2d game

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
[MENTION=139494]powerhoney[/MENTION] [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] nope.
Also, you climb levels like this:
*www.freegameaccess.com/images/level-editor-big.jpg

Top Bottom