Finally decided to build a new config...

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
Athlon II x4 630 2.8 Ghz ----> 4.7 k
Biostar TA785G3 HD -----> 4.3k
Kingston 2Gb DDR3 13333Mhz ----->2.7k
PSU: FSP Saga II 400W ------> 2.2k

cambinet:
coller master elite 310 ---->
or zebronics biji ----> suggest me one.

is it a good one or shall i go in for core i3 configs...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
buy what you decided. good config & excellent value.

as for cabinet, Bijli will be priced 1-1.4k & comes with 3 fans. so go for it.

OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
Is athlon II x630 a 64 bit processor ..

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

i'm new in building PCs can i make it of my own....will you people guide me through.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yup. it supports 64bit computing. all AMD processors do.

thats a much better way to do. assemble it yourself. save money & also learn a lot.

OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
And what's special in NZXT Gamma....when compared to Bijli..though i don't like the appearance of bijli (obsolete )..does that comes with color variation ...

Can by 32 bit windows run in a 64 bit processor..

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

if you can, get a NZXT Gamma! Costs around 2K!

how much does the NZXT Lexas costs....can i get 1 around 2k which is good looking

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
And what's special in NZXT Gamma....when compared to Bijli..though i don't like the appearance of bijli (obsolete )..does that comes with color variation ...

quality cabby. you can twist the sides of bijli like cardboard. moreover i doubt how long those fans going to hold.

Can by 32 bit windows run in a 64 bit processor..

now come on. thats the first stupid question i heard in ages :-x. definitely yes. nowadays all processors are 64bit. & are designed run 32bit as well as 64bit.

how much does the NZXT Lexas costs....can i get 1 around 2k which is good looking

Lexas will be costly. more than 4k surely.

OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
quality cabby. you can twist the sides of bijli like cardboard. moreover i doubt how long those fans going to hold.

now come on. thats the first stupid question i heard in ages :-x. definitely yes. nowadays all processors are 64bit. & are designed run 32bit as well as 64bit.

Lexas will be costly. more than 4k surely.
now come on. thats the first stupid question i heard in ages :mad:. definitely yes. nowadays all processors are 64bit. & are designed run 32bit as well as 64bit.

This question is raised coz,,,i couldn't install a 32 bit (Pro-E,AutoCad etc) sw in a 64 bit processor....and thought the same problem will match in installing an OS..

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

I've Read it in the Biostar Mobo manual that

4.1 HYBRID CROSSFIREX REQUIREMENTS
A graphics card with Radeon HD3450/HD3470 GPU.

The power supply unit must provide at least the minimum power required by
the system, or the system will be unstable. A power supply above 450W is
recommended under Hybrid CrossFireX mode.

If i have an idea to upgrade to this then the current fsp saga II 400 w doesn't suit my requirement ....how much does an 450 w PSU costs

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
This question is raised coz,,,i couldn't install a 32 bit (Pro-E,AutoCad etc) sw in a 64 bit processor....and thought the same problem will match in installing an OS..

nope. some software have variants (winrar a good example) that compatible with only 1 type of OS. either 32bit or 64bit.

I've Read it in the Biostar Mobo manual that

4.1 HYBRID CROSSFIREX REQUIREMENTS
A graphics card with Radeon HD3450/HD3470 GPU.

The power supply unit must provide at least the minimum power required by
the system, or the system will be unstable. A power supply above 450W is
recommended under Hybrid CrossFireX mode.

If i have an idea to upgrade to this then the current fsp saga II 400 w doesn't suit my requirement ....how much does an 450 w PSU costs

hybrid crossifre is one of coolest names to come up in 21st century with the most stupid technology behind it. its simply is Crossfire of 2 IGPs (slow GPU + slow GPU = more slow GPU = money wastage). total sh**. forget that hybrid stuff.

for PSU, FSP Saga got enough power to drive a HD5770. from this you can estimate if it'll be able handle your system or not.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
get fsp saga II 500W 2.9k

or Vip gold 600w 2.8 k

its advisable to hhave a decent headroom with psu for gpu upgrade.

how much are you willing to spend on a psu and what gpu u have in mind?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
don't go with that Biostar manual. it didn't mention what kind of PSU its referring to. maybe local 450W or maybe Corsair 450W or 450W Gold (90% efficient).

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
see the act----
1.a person buys a gigabyte 460w(2.3k) or fsp saga2 500w(2.8k).
2.gets a gpu i.e.hd 3450 or 3470 for 2.2k or so.....

total cost----4.5k or 5k.

EVEN THE MOST STUPID PERSON IN THE WORLD WONT DO SO......

at that price you can easily pick up a hd 4670 or 9600gt or at 5.2k hd 5670(great vfm) running at the same fsp saga2 400w and all these i suppose will crush the hybrid crossfire..

OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
don't go with that Biostar manual. it didn't mention what kind of PSU its referring to. maybe local 450W or maybe Corsair 450W or 450W Gold (90% efficient).

Does that have an efficiency...how can u assure that a FSP SAGA II 400 w delivers a full efficiency ...

but that doesn matter what so ever...so i think i can finally get a FSP SAGA II 400 W

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

i'm thinking to buy a SATA HD too...Minimum capacity and worth the penny i put in....

Note: i already have a WD 1TB external HD....i just want to replace my 40 GB IDE HD now..

OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB @ 3.55k
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB @ 5.3k

why is there such a huge variation in price for these two editions....

suggest me any1 among this

Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB @ 1.75k
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB @ 2k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB @ 2k

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 AM ----------

regarding PSU
can i opt for Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W @ 2.2k rather than going for FSP SAGA II 400 W @ 2.2k

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
see the act----
1.a person buys a gigabyte 460w(2.3k) or fsp saga2 500w(2.8k).
2.gets a gpu i.e.hd 3450 or 3470 for 2.2k or so.....

total cost----4.5k or 5k.

EVEN THE MOST STUPID PERSON IN THE WORLD WONT DO SO......

at that price you can easily pick up a hd 4670 or 9600gt or at 5.2k hd 5670(great vfm) running at the same fsp saga2 400w and all these i suppose will crush the hybrid crossfire..

very nicely told :smile:

Does that have an efficiency...how can u assure that a FSP SAGA II 400 w delivers a full efficiency ...

but that doesn matter what so ever...so i think i can finally get a FSP SAGA II 400 W

heres the advantage of FSP (400W) over desi 500W:

1. it got higher current rating in its 12V rails. & it delivers.
2. 2yrs warranty.
3. runs really really silent. noise free.
4. cause of high efficiency, you save money in electricity.
5. good parts used in making (FSP is & still makes OEM PSU for other companies) so chances of failing very very slim.

now after so many reason, i feel its best go with FSP over desi. also Corsair is a good PSU but you selling out lot more just for warranty & a little extra efficiency. Corsair reliable, but this doesn't makes FSP a bad one.

i'm thinking to buy a SATA HD too...Minimum capacity and worth the penny i put in....

Note: i already have a WD 1TB external HD....i just want to replace my 40 GB IDE HD now..

if its going to be your primary HDD, get WD Blue or Samsung Spinpoint F3. if secondary storage, Samsung F3 Eco Green or WD Green.

Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB @ 3.55k
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB @ 5.3k

why is there such a huge variation in price for these two editions....

you comparing a performance HDD to a power saving one. naturally there will be difference. Black almost 2 times faster than Green. but Green makes for excellent backup solution. Black as primary HDD if you going for Gaming rig or Animation or rendering stuffs.

suggest me any1 among this

Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB @ 1.75k
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB @ 2k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB @ 2k

get any 500Gb. also look at Samsung's HDD. they are cheaper with hardly any failure (not heard even a single case).

regarding PSU
can i opt for Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W @ 2.2k rather than going for FSP SAGA II 400 W @ 2.2k

Gigabyte's 460W is a rebranded FSP 400W. FSP sells their PSU to Gigabyte & many companies. so get whichever is cheaper. also do remember, Gigabyte PSU got a small disadvantage. its 12V rail is spitted. it means you get 2 rails. i not sure how much it affects performance. also Gigabyte PSU not as silent as FSP.

Top Bottom