Final opinion needed before buying notebook

pvish

Broken In
hey guys, i want to purchaase new laptop within next 10-12 days.I wanna use my lappy mostly for surfing, downloading casual gaming, watching movies, editing photos frm my DSLR, music. i m bit confused between following models.

Asus K53SJ
Intel® Core™ i5 2410M, 4 gb ram, Free Dos, 15.6"
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 520M with 1GB DDR3 VRAM ,,

HP Pavilion dv6-6001tu Entertainment Notebook PC (LQ385PA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products

HP Pavilion dv6-6016tx Entertainment Notebook PC (LQ457PA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products

Inspiron 15R Laptop Details | Dell India
&
Lenovo Ideapad Z Series Z570 (59-069595) Laptop Price India: Buy Lenovo Ideapad Z Series Notebook India: Flipkart.com

Inspiron15 n Lenovo will cost allmost the same ,& Asus K53SJ will cost @ 36k.Which one is bet for me. Dont know much about Asus, I cant compromise with screen clarity. Is Display of Asus K53sj Hd capable?Also Asus has got 0.3 mp webcam , is it matter?

Thanx in Advance.

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Chose this-
HP Pavilion dv6-6016tx Entertainment Notebook PC (LQ457PA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products

or Lenovo Ideapad Z Series Z570 (59-069595) Laptop Price India: Buy Lenovo Ideapad Z Series Notebook India: Flipkart.com

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
For the requirements you have mentioned, keeping in mind, that you are not aiming to play high end games, I think, HP Pavilion dv6-6016tx Entertainment Notebook PC seems best according to me.

Although in my opinion, all of the laptops that you mentioned, are far more capable for the requirements you have mentioned, i.e., just surfing, downloading, casual gaming, watching movies, editing photos.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
guys can u explain why u both not choose Asus 53SJ?

Its simple. Since you didn't provided any link. And we are lazy enough not to search by ourselves. :-D

I was able to reach here:
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Notebooks- ASUS K53SJ

And the price and specifications are not clear, to differentiate it from other models you provided.
Also, in the specification you had described of Asus 53SJ, it has got Free-DOS, which essentially means, no OS bundled.

OP
P

pvish

Broken In
so now you have search the link , then whats ur opinion?:-D

yeah i kno it is not coming with os, & i wont bother about it. so now you have search the link forK53SJ , then whats ur opinion?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Its all comes down to your personal preference.

As I said earlier, all the models you have described are MORE Than suitable for the work you mentioned. Now, you have to decide by yourself, which one do you prefer. Maybe by judging the looks, or price.

Anish

Spectre
Perhaps decide on brand with service at/near your locality...

IMO,
Dell - Most of them buy.. dono why..
Lenovo - Nowadays, they come up with new technologies.
HP - A standard company (as you know, the world's largest pc marketing company)
ASUS - Nothing to say.. a single word.. "awesome".

BTW, these are based on my opinion... so choose which directs your interest...
good luck

OP
P

pvish

Broken In
Between Asus k53sj & hp dv6-6016tx, which is better gpu?coz price diff. bet. them is around 12k.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Both are 90% same. The problem is that both dont have very good GPU's.
The Nvidia card and Amd card too arent very different.

Do you plan to do gaming with everything maxed out?

P.s- If answer = no and gaming at lower resolution and graphics is OK with you.
Get the Asus laptop
If yes, the HP's gpu also isnt good. Will reccomend you something else.

OP
P

pvish

Broken In
i hve to finalized bet Asus K53SJ & HP DV6 6016 which would cost around 36k & 48k respectvly. Problem is that i have never used/seen any Asus lappy of my friend/ relative.I m lil hesitant about its sound quality(ofcourse with external speakers) display clarity(color reproduction, brightness etc).As in my city Asus dealer have other models except K53SJ in stock.I have checked HP dv6-6016 in HP World, which i found quite feature reach n classy. Can anyone provide me neutral review of Asus k53sj.
Thanks.

OP
P

pvish

Broken In
I want to use my notebook mainly for web surfing, editing photos n videos from my dslr, watching movies, music, chatting,downloading, casual gaming(cod, fifa etc).Can compromise with gaming exp.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
As you said you can compromise with gaming. Get the Asus.

Just play the game at lower resolution and settings.

Top Bottom