Finaaallly.. my comp has come..... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnatic@play

Broken In
OH yeah.. finally after an agonising wait o 1 month to get the most powerful system many wud have tot abt... (no.. its not the most powerful that it there.. DDUUH!!.. tho wud love to got that..)....

well.. think the specs are pretty cool....
Athlon 3500+,
Asus A8N SLI Deluxe,
1 GB kingston
160 SATA.. and a 40 P-ATA!
SB Live! 5.1
XFX GeForce 6 6600GT PCI-e...

need to benchmark it.. jus got it today...

wat do u ppl say?
peace.

G

gxsaurav

This PC in my opinion is not efficient

SLI is so costly & also requirs a lot of power, also the games have problem with SLI for now, so insted of a SLI motherboard U should have gone for a Single PCI-E 1 slot based motherboard

Whast the use of 2 HDs, well maybe U need them, however, I would have recomended the new SATA With NCQ HDs from Seagate as the nForce4 supports SATA 2 & SATA NCQ, efficiency is a higher thing here

Whats the use of SB LIve 5.1 when 7.1 Audio is given already onboard which beats the SB Live in all respects, insted Audigy 2 sould have been better, infact no card was required, as the onboard 7.1 is good enough for anything, U won't need a 5.1 sound card over the better onboard

The GFX card is the best but your system will be GPU limited in many cases, insted U should have gone for Athlon 64 3200+ then it would have been a better match, but then again, since GHz is dead still Higher rating counts & is becoming the new GHz

OP
fnatic@play

fnatic@play

Broken In
gxsaurav said:
This PC in my opinion is not efficient

SLI is so costly & also requirs a lot of power, also the games have problem with SLI for now, so insted of a SLI motherboard U should have gone for a Single PCI-E 1 slot based motherboard

Whast the use of 2 HDs, well maybe U need them, however, I would have recomended the new SATA With NCQ HDs from Seagate as the nForce4 supports SATA 2 & SATA NCQ, efficiency is a higher thing here

Whats the use of SB LIve 5.1 when 7.1 Audio is given already onboard which beats the SB Live in all respects, insted Audigy 2 sould have been better, infact no card was required, as the onboard 7.1 is good enough for anything, U won't need a 5.1 sound card over the better onboard

The GFX card is the best but your system will be GPU limited in many cases, insted U should have gone for Athlon 64 3200+ then it would have been a better match, but then again, since GHz is dead still Higher rating counts & is becoming the new GHz

Efficient?.. let me see... SLI - costs too much?.. i got it for 12.5 grand.. its expensive. but the performance .. the comp boots up in 20 seconds.. ALL my games - Doom3, HL2, UT2k4(my main game), NFS UG2, AOM, FIFA2k5... all these work PERFECTLY at BLAZING fps... i play them at 8x FSAA n 16x aniso... image quality being VERY HIGH.. i don overclock.. so thats outta the picture if u think abt it, i.e.

And.. i didnt buy the comp jus to sell it off in an year.. my father has insisted that i use it for the next 2 years ATLEAST.. so i need flexiblity b upgradability.

Again.. SB Live 5.1.. again 3 or 4 years old.. bought it from Singapore wen the card was released in the market.. my father had a conference there.. so was lucky to get it. its still ROCKS.. using the onboard means using a lil bit o the precious bus given by the mobo.. the card relieves the mobo o that difficulty.. hehe..

2 HDD? 160 SATA was the new one.. 40 is from my old comp.. i didnt buy it now. its 3 years old.

and GPU limited... a 3200 was better???.. then please, ma man.. find me ONE piece in this country... JUST one piece.. i was waitin for the LAST one damn month for this.. and i had posted requests whether any1 knew where its available ( in India ).. on this forum.. maybe u cud have helped me then... BUT now?.. i am MORE than happy... n satisfied with this 3500+ which btw is FAR better than the 3200+.. lotta tests can be found thru out thenet.. u may check if u want to..

and power consumption - i use a 350w smps.. the one every1 normally uses - 300 w... i don think i am using my 350 fully.. so.. there.

my whole comp came to 60k.. its WAY WAY better than ANY branded PC for that price.

peace bro.

G

gxsaurav

U R bashing me... :? :shock:

I got a FX 5900XT, even I an play games at high settings but 1024X768 res max, as my monitor doesn't support more then 75Hz after this, I keep my PC at 100 Hz & play games at 85Hz

Whatever U say man, in my opinion this is a mis matched computer, however it is good for U

Sourabh

Laptoping
gx changed his system again :?

@gxsaurav

theres a better way to say these things

passing comments whether its effiencent or not without getting into the much details is not right

i just feel for the guy 'fanactic..' who expected good comments abt his new pc and there u were saying its not efficient

btw forget all this

do u think

Athlon 3500+,
Asus A8N SLI Deluxe,
1 GB kingston,
XFX GeForce 6 6600GT PCI-e,
160 Gb SATA

this is not efficient ??

man he can go for another 6600GT later

what are u upto gxsaurav ??

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
fanatic, nice rig. But the without any upgrades for 2 years thats gonna be a tuff one to achieve with things to consider such as dual CPU cores, and dual GPU cores, DDR 2 and so on.

OP
fnatic@play

fnatic@play

Broken In
icecoolz said:
fanatic, nice rig. But the without any upgrades for 2 years thats gonna be a tuff one to achieve with things to consider such as dual CPU cores, and dual GPU cores, DDR 2 and so on.

thanks man..

2years wit this basic overall config.. i wil be tryin to get another gt after an year .. for that.. i must study hard... cuz if i get lower grades in this 3rd engg.. i am screwed for sure.. at the same time.. a good grade wil help me press for another gt.hehehe... but anyother upgrade.. i don think i can get.. but.. pretty sure another gt wil be sufficient then!..
wow... jus look at the wierd connection between gaming n studies... :D

thanks.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
hahaha...they go hand in hand mate ;) Also why dont you get the dual gpu core released by gainward I think. Am not too sure. cos that means later on u can get another dual gpu and keep up with the change in scenario. Think abt it. Also make sure u get a good power supply since urs is a SLI board. Otherwise like I said...nice rig ;) post some benchies when u can.

OP
fnatic@play

fnatic@play

Broken In
icecoolz said:
hahaha...they go hand in hand mate ;) Also why dont you get the dual gpu core released by gainward I think. Am not too sure. cos that means later on u can get another dual gpu and keep up with the change in scenario. Think abt it. Also make sure u get a good power supply since urs is a SLI board. Otherwise like I said...nice rig ;) post some benchies when u can.

Sure wil do bro.. I'll benchmark it in 2 days time.. got an exam coming up tomm n asssign for next day.. so after that.

peace.
thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom