File Sharing Problem inXP - URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Hello,

I have toshiba laptop, it has genuine windows xp installed from cds came with it. The problem is that I need to share files form this machine on network.

I did simple file sharing, gave proper IP, enabled file sharing, disabled windows Firewall.
Created a folder and shared it.

NOw the strange thing is that I cann't access this system from any other system on LAN but from this system I can access any other system on lan.

I can ping from this system to any system on LAN but can't ping this system from LAN ie from other system.

What is the problem..
this is urgent .. ..
Please give all possible reason .. so that I can look into all..

Thanx

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
1. Search for computers by right clicking on My Network Places

2. or type the direct path in My Network Places address bar
for eg: \\computerName\folderName

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Did you read what I asked in my post ?

Read again.....
NOw the strange thing is that I cann't access this system from any other system on LAN but from this system I can access any other system on lan.

I can ping from this system to any system on LAN but can't ping this system from LAN ie from other system.

Basically, this laptop is inaccessible from LAN but this laptop can access LAN easily.. what might be the issue ???

ANyONE ?

Anyways.. np.. I found it.. there was an inbuilt firewall installed with xp from Toshiba on laptop..

Last edited:

imageek

Journeyman
HI.....

Is the system that is unable to get access to system, asks for user name password to accesss your machine....................' then '

make a new connection on the system you havent made one on...if that doesnt work then make a new connection on the other one...

make new conn >setup a small home or office n/w >

when it asks for a method of connection... select "other" option the proceed , then "this computer belongs to a n/w that does not ahve an internet connection "

then fill up ur computer description ...now comes the most important part....

"turn on file and printer sharing" >> just finish the wizard

and restart your PC....

u might argue u have already done that...try doing this again....:) it works

hope it does..that is how i make it work...

PS: try doing this on both th systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom