File reading error in memory card in Ngage

Status
Not open for further replies.

casual_gamer

In the zone
Is it a common thing for some files to get corrupted in the MMC? This is happening for a few files. The card is a new NCP 512 mb.

If i try to open a particular game, it gives an error that it can't open and sometimes even the .sis installer file will get corrupted. I scaned the MMC for errors in the card reader through Fixit utilities and Norton disk doctor, it says the "Directory Structure" and "Free space" has been fixed...there are no Disk read errors. Inspite of doing all these, i still get an error every now and then.

Should i replace the MMC or is this a known problem? btw, i have also formatted the card twise so far.

assasin

Banned
@casual gamer Fat is the file system dres nothing called 'fat level format'.Download any free flash disk formating tool and do a low level format.
Low level format deletes all tracks and sectors in the disc and creates them again.
Also try wat pathiks said.

OP
C

casual_gamer

In the zone
assasin said:
@casual gamer Fat is the file system dres nothing called 'fat level format'.Download any free flash disk formating tool and do a low level format.
Low level format deletes all tracks and sectors in the disc and creates them again.
Also try wat pathiks said.
Sure i will try it out and let u guys know what happens. But the problem is not sudden, it will take a few days for the files to get corrupted. Actually only few files here and there get corrupted not all the files.
I have another doubt...can the file corruption in the MMC be due to compatibility problems of the Memory card with Ngage?

I will also try out other MMC card in Ngage.

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
it mite be that u hav some bad sectors... btw try also formatting it wit a qd or a 9210 communicator... generally they format well... dunno the reason...

OP
C

casual_gamer

In the zone
I checked in Norton Disk Doctor, there are no bad sectors, the only error i got was "invalid directory structure" and "free space" and it was fixed.

OP
C

casual_gamer

In the zone
Again the file corruption has happened...
I had installed a game Tomb Raider Legend, and played successfully for 3 days, now it says "App closed" error. I replaced TRL.APP with another back up, now the game is working fine. So, it means that TRL.APP file was corrupted.... All other games and applications are working fine.

While googling i found this interesting info... "If you have a memory card bigger than 128 MB, which is greater than the N-Gage was original designed for, it has been reported that 256 MMC and above cards needs a certain level of voltage. And issues may occur when the power is almost exhausted on the unit, which can corrupt or confuse the MMC memory card."

All these days, i would not charge the Ngage until i get the "battery low" message, now i am beginning to think that this might be the culprit to the file corruption problems.

From today, i won't let the battery to dip below the last 3 bars. I will see if still the files will get corrupted or not...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom