File missing in XP installation

viv2digit

Right off the assembly line
Hi, Friends

I m having error while installing XP SP-2 "States some "file missing to

skip press Esc or retry like " so i have took out hard drive and connect to other

PC then with same OS Disc i could install XP without any error so it's clear

there is no problem with OS Disc as well as Hard Drive

so what can be the problem ? with board?

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I had ditto same problem once, did you notice if you were gettng error about for random files or it shows error in copying same file always..

I had faulty RAM .. btw.. (took many days to resolve as had not even remotest idea tht its RAM) ..

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Yup, RAM can be the culprit too. Check it with memtest86+. Faced the same problem in past and it took almost 1 week to isolate the culprit.

OP
V

viv2digit

I had ditto same problem once, did you notice if you were gettng error about for random files or it shows error in copying same file always..

I had faulty RAM .. btw.. (took many days to resolve as had not even remotest idea tht its RAM) ..

Ya,Absolutely it shows random files at every attempt...so

I guess the DVD/CD Drive is the culprit here.

I have used same Drive for installation so:-(

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
^^Yup, RAM can be the culprit too. Check it with memtest86+. Faced the same problem in past and it took almost 1 week to isolate the culprit.

Lolz.. I can understand the trouble you may have faced finding the root cause.. I was messing with drives, computer to computer.. even HD.. and on on..

!

OP
V

viv2digit

Lolz.. I can understand the trouble you may have faced finding the root cause.. I was messing with drives, computer to computer.. even HD.. and on on..

!

O.K. finally problem solved it was RAM that cause fault...i changed it and it runs smooth now..Thank you all..:smile:

Top Bottom