File a Complaint against LG for Monitor

Charley

Just Do It
I purchased a LG 17 " Flatron L1753S monitor during March 2008. Two weeks ago it doesnt switch on. I took it to the service centre and they said it's imported monitor & they wont handle it. I took it back to the shop where i purchased it, he said to leave it here & they will find out if what the warranty period is & then will give for servicing.

I called other shops they said it has 3 years warranty. This fellow says it has only 2 years warranty since it's 2008.

I am fedup with them up and need to take this case to a consumer court. I am in Bangalore.

Can someone provide assistance ?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Digit might help you. They had helped topgear - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124959

Send an email to:

editor AT thinkdigit DOT com
servicewatch AT thinkdigit DOT com

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have the shop guys ( from where you purchased it ) sent your monitor for warranty ?

There's a new mail address as well - found this on this months mag - you can try that too :

help at consumermate.com

Wish you all the best

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Topgear, they told me on May 16, it will take 10 days to find that out. Two days ago, I called them and they said it has only 2 years warranty.

The LG service person said all LG products have 3 years warranty. I think this shop owner is doing this maybe because a major component in the monitor needs to be replaced & so this is the easy way out.

The shop is A.R.Computers, No.80, S.P.Road, Bangalore - 02

Thanks for the information you have provided me. I will keep this thread updated.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, it's clear that the shop guy is deceiving with you - do what ever you can to get justice :p

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Update - I got a reply from Ahmed within 7 hours for my email. He said, he will take up the case with LG and will try to resolve the issue.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's great :p

BTW, on which mail id's you have sent your mails - just a little bit curious to know :p

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
I sent to the two you mentioned through pm & the one here. I got a reply from the one here as well. But I am waiting for the one from Ahmed :)

Dear Consumer,

This is the height of apathy from the big companies making big claims. To me the shopkeeper seems to be more responsible than the company who is now showing disregard to his valuable customer who trusted him and made him a earning by purchasing the product. Once he had issued a bill then you do not worry about the warranty on the Box etc..At this stage, you send a registered letter to both of them specifying that if the problem is not solved with in a definite period then you would be constraint to take a legal action.I hope some sense would prevail over them and they would rectify the problems. For further action you can always seek help at consumermate.com

We look forward to providing you more services. Thank you for choosing Consumermate.

Warm Regards,

Customer Care,

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's nice :p

BTW, all of'em will be handled by Digit guys.

wish you best of luck.

Top Bottom