FIFA 09 - My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, How is the difficulty level? I mean 08 (amatuer) was far more difficult than 07 (amatuer) [although I'm playing at Legendary now :rolleyes:]

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
^^You mean difficulty in FIFA 09??
At anything less than Pro, it's damn easy. Go above that and you'll be tested a bit. At World Class difficulty, it's difficult to score. I'm yet to unlock Legendary difficulty in FIFA 09.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
*www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/images/oct_08/gun__1224691600_Fifa_adebeyor.jpg
Fifa 09 with Arsenal cover limited edition is available now w00t

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

woooooo....woooo.....woooooo, wtf was tat news !! :D:D its AWESOME yaar !!! :D nice post, really appreciate tat...

edit: The Gunners hammered Fenerbahce. 5-2 in Champions league match :D

--------
is the arsenal FIFA09 cover available online fora d/load ??? I mean the entire cover ?? front and back ??

Last edited:
^^
:???:............Why no chelsea? :evil:
Howz the difficulty of 09 compared to PES?
and yeah, have the patches for fixing team names released?

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
That pic is from Arsenal.com and you can also get it signed by Adebayor.It is a limited edition so I don't think it will be easily available for d\l.You may try checking some Arsenal blogs though.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
BTW, there's one thing about FIFA 09 which I forgot to mention. You can negotiate with other teams for the pre season friendlies. You can decide the location of the game (home/ away) and also decide the sharing of the ticket money. I.e if you set it as 60:40, you'll get 60% of the ticket money and they'll get the remaining 40%.
And depending on these factors, the opposition will decide if they want to play you or not. And there's a small meter which predicts if the negotiations are gonna be successful or not. This is a nice touch to the Manager Mode. But it's not very prominent.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup, nice fine point noted.. :) me too noted this but forgot to mention in my review.. : P

btw, i invited Man U for a pre season friendly (b4 the start of the Season in Manager Mode) but they (man U) declined the invite for a friendly match (as prompted in the ingame screen) still the team was included (in the list of 4 teams) willing to play friendly !!

wat was tat all about ?? did the rejection was on part of me selecting to play a home match or coz the ticket pricing was 50-50 ???
---------------

Cheers n e-peace...

The same meter is there in FIFA 08 too.
When select "Transfers", under "Negotiation History" you'll find a meter indicating whether the club is keen on transfering the player or not in the case of a failed negotiation espescially.
For eg. when I try to sign Fabregas to Chelsea (its a game man..anything can happen :wink: ), it generally fails and under the meter in negotiation history (which remains at zero) you get " We are not interested. See you in the next game." (what do you expect :rolleyes: )

But when you try to sign Swienstieger from Munich (and you know you have not offered enough), when you get the failed message, the meter moves to the 3/4th mark and says that "We to confirm that we can see more commitment from you about our player."
Thus, you offer more money and you are done, he is in the team :)

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup i knw abt this for the transfer season... wat i was asking was abt the meter in friendly match in my prev post..any answers ??

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^
:???:............Why no chelsea? :evil:
Because Chelsea sucks. :D Whether Chelsea wins or looses, it just sucks. :D :lol:

For eg. when I try to sign Fabregas to Chelsea (its a game man..anything can happen :wink: ),
Haha, Chelsea fans also just think of "signing"....:lol:

BTW I used to avidly play PES 6 a couple of years back. Now i tried playing it again, I wasn't able to use the controls properly because of playing Urban Terror excessivly in the past year. Any suggestions for me?

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Because Chelsea sucks. :D Whether Chelsea wins or looses, it just sucks. :D :lol:

Haha, Chelsea fans also just think of "signing"....:lol:

BTW I used to avidly play PES 6 a couple of years back. Now i tried playing it again, I wasn't able to use the controls properly because of playing Urban Terror excessivly in the past year. Any suggestions for me?

Ignorance is bliss, you're a living example :D
Grow up, kid. Stop talking like a you-know-what. :D

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ignorance is bliss, you're a living example :D
Grow up, kid. Stop talking like a you-know-what. :D
What are Chelsea's contribution to Football compared to other clubs? Probably none except Terry. :|

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ ^ ^

You're talking about a pirated copy of the game. Please edit your post before the mods ban you.

What are Chelsea's contribution to Football compared to other clubs? Probably none except Terry. :|

Please, I ask you, clarify the meaning of "contribution" in your previous statement. Seeing that you've mentioned Jon Terry, I'm sure you're about to start a debate which you are bound to lose. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom