FIFA 09 - My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please, I ask you, clarify the meaning of "contribution" in your previous statement. Seeing that you've mentioned Jon Terry, I'm sure you're about to start a debate which you are bound to lose. :D
Well, by 'contribution', I mean talent. :/ Any talent they've scouted in the past couple of years who has turned into a Footballing great?? I see none. :|

I had also intended to start a discussion on the same topic, quite a time ago in the official Football thread, but none of the Chelsea loosers replied lol....:lol:

Indeed waiting for a long reply from you. I know you're writing something long to prove me wrong. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Well, by 'contribution', I mean talent. :/ Any talent they've scouted in the past couple of years who has turned into a Footballing great?? I see none. :|

Look, if "scouting talent" means "buying" 16-18 year old kids from French clubs for a meagre sum, playing them for a few years and then selling them on for a massive profit, then I'm sorry, Chelsea have done none of that. Rather, we bought players who were good, maybe not as young, and turned them into superstars. For example, Petr Cech, Arjen Robben, William Gallas, Frank Lampard, none of them were the high-profile stars that they are today, when we bought them.

And John Terry was not "scouted". He has been at Chelsea from the very beginning. He's a home-grown talent.

As for the youth policy, you'd be advised to take a look at the Reserves section on the Chelsea website. You'll find a lot of players who are playing at the U-21 and U-19 level for their countries. You want names? Michael Mancienne (England), Scott Sinclair (Eng), Franco Di Santo (Argentina) to name just three.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Look, if "scouting talent" means "buying" 16-18 year old kids from French clubs for a meagre sum, playing them for a few years and then selling them on for a massive profit, then I'm sorry, Chelsea have done none of that. Rather, we bought players who were good, maybe not as young, and turned them into superstars. For example, Petr Cech, Arjen Robben, William Gallas, Frank Lampard, none of them were the high-profile stars that they are today, when we bought them.

And John Terry was not "scouted". He has been at Chelsea from the very beginning. He's a home-grown talent.

As for the youth policy, you'd be advised to take a look at the Reserves section on the Chelsea website. You'll find a lot of players who are playing at the U-21 and U-19 level for their countries. You want names? Michael Mancienne (England), Scott Sinclair (Eng), Franco Di Santo (Argentina) to name just three.
Lol, this took you 10 minutes to type? I was waiting for a reply from you and refreshing the page again & again. :lol:

By scouting, I mean spotting a young player, then nurturing him and turning him to a good player.

And lol, I've seen more players bought for higher sums of money by Chelsea than the players who have built up their carrier at your club. And a few of them have not performed upto their expectations and many even not given enough chances to perform.

Hey, when did I say that Terry was scouted? :lol: And yeah, not everyone in Arsenal is a french. Well, I don't even need to 'think' and 'post' the names of non-french players (including young) who have built up their carrier at Arsenal. You know them already. ;)

As far as Chelsea's youth policy is concerned, I'm pretty sure, the youth players at Chelsea are given very less exposure for playing.

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Lol, this took you 10 minutes to type?

OMG are you stalking me???? :D :D :lol:

Hey, when did I say that Terry was scouted? :lol:

Are you suffering from the Wenger Syndrome - "I did not see the incident"?? :D
You said it right here:

What are Chelsea's contribution to Football compared to other clubs? Probably none except Terry. :|

Moving on:

And yeah, not everyone in Arsenal is a french. Well, I don't even need to 'think' and 'post' the names of non-french players (including young) who have built up their carrier at Arsenal. You know them already. ;)

Dude, maybe you don't know, but I've got a life apart from this forum. I appear online coz I just close the tab and move on to doing other stuff. :neutral:
Not everyone at Arsenal is French, of course. Only 95% are French. :D

As far as Chelsea's youth policy is concerned, I'm pretty sure, the youth players at Chelsea will be given very less exposure for playing in the senior side.

The presence of 2-3 youth players like Miroslav Stoch, Sinclair and Di Santo on the bench in almost every match indicates that they are going to be a part of the first eleven at Chelsea sooner rather than later. :cool:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
OMG are you stalking me???? :D :D :lol:
I was actually waiting for a reply from you. I had actually clicked on your name and went onto your Profile name and saw "Replying to....."

Are you suffering from the Wenger Syndrome - "I did not see the incident"?? :D
You said it right here:
You actually misinterpreted them or may be I wasn't that clear too. I very well know John Terry has been a result of Chelsea's youth system not actually scouted.

Not everyone at Arsenal is French, of course. Only 95% are French. :D
Your mathematics is pretty weak. :D

The presence of 2-3 youth players like Miroslav Stoch, Sinclair and Di Santo on the bench in almost every match indicates that they are going to be a part of the first eleven at Chelsea sooner rather than later. :cool:
They're new players BTW and I'm pretty sure that they'll not be given much chances and they still remain unknown faces to most of the people. And then, Chelsea will buy a couple of big-name players, these young players will get overshadowed as Chelsea will not require them :|

Indeed sorry for offtopic posts. :)

gagandeep,
You are a typical arsenal fan :D
Screw the flaming now and enjoy the beautifful game:)
And you're a typical Chel$h!t fan. :D

Last edited:
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ lol.. sum hard criticism here against all "Chelsea-ites" from the Gunners Arsenal.. lol..

gagan, arsenal_gunners and myself.. looks like there are way too many gunners here.. blasting the otehr clubs.. :D:D:D muahhhahahahahaha
-------------------

No wonder after seeing gagan's and my reply, arsenal_gunner will come post sumthing this below my post.. :D:D
-------------------

Cheers n e-peace...

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
They're new players BTW and I'm pretty sure that they'll not be given much chances and they still remain unknown faces to most of the people. And then, Chelsea will buy a couple of big-name players, these young players will get overshadowed as Chelsea will not require them :|

Do you know that most of the Chelsea fans disapprove of this? We are well aware that there are some gems in our youth teams, but given the quality of players available, they'll have to wait for their chances and will be slowly eased into the first team setup. Scolari likes it that way, he mentioned it at the very beginning of his reign. Di Santo is getting a regular run out in the Premiership as well as the Champions League. Not every player can quickly adapt to the level of first-class football. That is the reason they are sent out on loan to gain experience. Even John Terry went on loan to lower league clubs in the beginning. The truth is, if a player has talent and the will to break through into the first team, he will. Look out for Di Santo, Sinclair, Mancienne, Stoch & Kakuta in the coming years. :cool:

@gagandeep
Good comeback, but mine was better :p
IMO this argument will never end till the end of time
So lets keep at, shall we? :D

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
i wud say, look out for fabregas, bendtner and adebayor (not in the coming years) but in this current season.. :D

Arsene Wenger has always believed in crafting young players into gems bringing them from lower known clubs, their signings are rarely and i mean very rarely involving famous club players,

remember the time wen Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira, Robert Pires, Silvyan Wiltord, Kanu, Sol Campbell and David Seaman (GK) bursted into the limelight and at that time they were hardly known players.. (i knw many of the gunners fans will agree to this point) and at that time chelsea was jus struggling with the team along with manager Claudio Ranieri

Also, Arsene Wenger contributed aLOT in building up the new Emirates Stadium after the Gunners moved on from the legendary Highbury (north london) stadium wich was (everyone wud agree) tat it was the strongest foothold of arsenal FC, and teams hardly WON their at the arsenal's home ground wen Thierry henry, dennis bergkamp, Kanu were (to say the least) ALL GUNS BLAZIN' :D:D
---------------

but yes, rightly said wisecrab, this discussion (infact a debate) will NEVER end as we (gunners or better, gunnerific) cannot stop hammerring clubs and teams like Chelsea wont stop buying on money power.. :D
---------------

Cheers n e-peace...

Last edited:
Agreed, back then (when I was not an EPL buff, was more into world football) I remember that Arsenal did usher a new age of youngsters into the world, who were formidable in the world scene
Thats where the agreement ends :D

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^^

i wud say, look out for fabregas, bendtner and adebayor (not in the coming years) but in this current season.. :D

Arsene Wenger has always believed in crafting young players into gems bringing them from lower known clubs, their signings are rarely and i mean very rarely involving famous club players,

remember the time wen Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira, Robert Pires, Silvyan Wiltord, Kanu, Sol Campbell and David Seaman (GK) bursted into the limelight and at that time they were hardly known players.. (i knw many of the guinners fans will agree to this point)

Also, Arsene Wenger contributed aLOT in building up the new Emirates Stadium after the Gunners moved on from the legendary Highbury (north london) stadium wich was (everyone wud agree) tat it was the strongest foothold of arsenal FC, and teams hardly WON their at the arsenal's home ground wen Thierry henry, dennis bergkamp, Kanu were (to say the least) ALL GUNS BLAZIN' :D:D
---------------

Cheers n e-peace...

I know, I know, The Invincibles of 2004 :D

But just bringing up young players does not win you trophies. There has to be a balance between youth & experience.

but yes, rightly said wisecrab, this discussion (infact a debate) will NEVER end as we (gunners or better, gunnerific) cannot stop hammerring clubs and teams like Chelsea wont stop buying on money power.. :D
---------------

Cheers n e-peace...

Err... Excuse me? Have Arsenal NOT spent any money this season?? Wenger didn't pluck Samir Nasri & Aaron Ramsey out of thin air! :D

Last edited:
@ashu888ashu888
What do you think Samir Nasri came on his own from Marseille?Silvestre (no matter what kind of idiot he may be) didnt came in thin air did he?What about Aaron Ramsey? huh?
I hope I made my self clear :???:
edit:drats, Kl@w posted just before me :D

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Err... Excuse me? Have Arsenal NOT spent any money this season?? Wenger didn't pluck Samir Nasri & Aaron Ramsey out of thin air! :D
We bought them from the money we got by selling Hleb and others like Hoyte.Arsenal FC is a self sustained business which does not require a sugar daddy like other clubs for buying players or even making a world class stadium.
Now lets get back to the topic which is Fifa 09

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
We bought them from the money we got by selling Hleb and others like Hoyte.Arsenal FC is a self sustained business which does not require a sugar daddy like other clubs for buying players or even making a world class stadium.
Now lets get back to the topic which is Fifa 09

We bought Bosingwa & Deco by selling Sidwell, Ben Haim, Shaun Wright Phillips & Boulahrouz. The sales & purchases even themselves out over time. Period.

Back to the topic please! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom