few queries regarding tata indicom Plug2SurfWhiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
Hello All,

I am currently outside my city (from kolkata to Bangalore) and I wanted a personal separate net connection for my laptop, as a fixed line was not option for me , neither a postpaid one - I bought one Tata Indicom Plug2SurfWhiz with prepaid T-Sim. I am having a few queries regarding that which I have not been able to find any answers after lot of searching & the customer care guys also acts conflicting.

1) I got one Plug2SurfWhiz model SXC-1080. I heard the existense of another model in net (recent model it seems) named SXC-1280. what is the difference between two? DO they in practise provide only the 1080 model? Or am I at loss here someway.

2) Is there any way to check the prepaid balance of the plug2surf card? I registered in tata indicom site but they are showing some kind of vague data.

3) Someone has any experience with the service of plug2surf? The sales guy said it can be serviced only within Karnataka within warranty in case of fault but there is nothing written anywhere & service station do exist in kolkata too as I found in their site.

4) I am being able to receive sms but while sending it always says ' sending failed - Error Code - General Problem' Any Idea?

Hoping anyone who used this before might be able to fan out some confusion.

Regards,
~It_is_Andrew~

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Hello All,

3) Someone has any experience with the service of plug2surf? The sales guy said it can be serviced only within Karnataka within warranty in case of fault but there is nothing written anywhere & service station do exist in kolkata too as I found in their site.

I had a postpaid account(Delhi) and the list of service centres was available at the site after logging in.
Contact CC to know if you can get it serviced in whole India or just in the state where your brought it.

4) I am being able to receive sms but while sending it always says ' sending failed - Error Code - General Problem' Any Idea?

I wasn't able to even receive messages, forget about sending.

The service was good earlier , I used to get 16kBps speed always, but 3-4 months ago it worsened and that's why switched to another provider.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom