Few queries regarding new PC

Viswanathan

Journeyman
Plsssss help me out guys.. i have ordered the following rigs and gonna assemble coming Wednesday.. I am planning to over clock... but i have some doubts about cpu cooler and Case fans behaviors... My config :-

RIGS SPECIFICATIONS AND BRANDS Processor Intel Core i5 2500k
MotherBoard Asus P8P67-PRO 32GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard (B3 Revision)
RAM Gskil F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL 1600Mhz DDR3 4GB X 2
Graphics Card MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozer II/OC
Harddrive SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB 7200.12
Monitor Dell ST2220L 21.5” W Full HD Monitor with LED
Cabinet CM 690 II Advanced with transparent side panel
Powersupply corsair TX850
Case Fans Cooler Master 120mm r4 fans x 2
Liquid Cooling for CPU Corsair H70 OR Noctua NHD-14??? help me out..
UPS APC UPS 600 VA or Numeric 800 VA

some questions.. :-

1) Since i have cm 690 II advanced case which can accommodate up to 10 fans i was wondering which side fans would be good to set as intake and which side fans to set as exhaust.. Rite now i have totally 5 fans but will be adding each month extra 2 fans.. Pls help me out guys and also i dont know where is the setting to configure the fans.. is it in BIOS?..

2) I have some doubts about liquid cooling... and also i thinking of buying corsair H70... There will be a fan in the liquid cooling kit rite?.. Which place would be apt to place that fan rear or Top?.. and also pls tell me whether the fan in the H70 will intake or exhaust the air.. If we have to configure that pls tell me which would be best for H70...

3) Thought of buying Noctua NHD-14 but cant find anywhere online except one site Shopmania.in ( Noctua NH-D14 cooling fan prices, Shopping comparison for Noctua NH D 14, Buy online in India ).. Can i trust this website?.. Has anyone purchased from this website?...Do u guys have any other suggestion?...

Thanks in advance.. :)

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
1 Answer : Refer this img.

*3.bp.blogspot.com/_zZaNf57vWhI/THO1Rc1t2aI/AAAAAAAAAB4/7RIfnN3kbAA/s1600/desktop_airflow.jpg

*steamgamersnetwork.com/images/i7-build/cooling_02.jpg

*www.abload.de/img/scenario7b1kc.jpg

2 Answer :
[youtube]3r4ITJm3fvE[/youtube]

3 Answer : You can buy it off from theitwares [one of the most reliable online it stores]..

TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler - TheITWares

Regarding Noctua NH D14, before buying, just verify the compatibility of your Mobo, Case & RAMS.

Check this link : Noctua.at - sound-optimised premium components "Designed in Austria"!

Off topic : Your Queries can also be addressed in your older thread, instead of creating a new one.

OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
@ d3p5kor WOW! Thanks for the pictures and videos man... Sorry for creating new thread.. i asked questions in my old thread but no one answered so thought of creating new thread...Thanks for the link.. :)

1 more question:-

1) Where is the setting to set fans as intakes or exhausts??..

d3p

PowerHouse
Refer this img..

*www.9mart.com/9dollar/Budget/EG0607-1-LED-Case-Fan.jpg

Here the fan rotates in Clockwise directions & pulls air towards you.

When the same technique is used in back side of the Cabinet, its configured as Exhaust for front side its configured as intake.

Note: there's no way you can rotate this fan in anti clockwise directions untill unless you connect this fan exactly opposite in your cabinet.

OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
@ piyush Exactly thats my question..

@ d3p5kor Oh now i understand.. so how to know which direction i should suppose place it in cabinet??...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Make sure you do not mount the fans the wrong way round.
:)

Yea, the incense stick trick is dandy..!

OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
@ asingh Awesome technique man :) and i will make sure to fit the fans in correct position and direction :)

Plsss help me out guys i made a terrible mistake :( ... Day before yesterday i ordered this product from primeabgb Ripjaws-X F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL ( Buy Gskill RAM | G Skill Memory | G Skill 4GB RAM | Gskill India ).. I thought it was a 4GB single stick and ordered 2 nos. but i received the product and realized its a 4 X 2GB sticks ( i..e two 4GB kits ).. I really wanted to go for 2 X 4GB sticks..

Now my question is

1) Since my mobo has only 4 slots if i fill all the slots with these 2GB sticks will it heat up my mobo and will it cause any damage or something??...

2) Adding 4 X 2GB sticks will it reduce the performance and slow down the system?..

Plss reply and help me out guys....

Thanks in advance.... :)

Piyush

Lanaya
@ asingh Awesome technique man :) and i will make sure to fit the fans in correct position and direction :)

Plsss help me out guys i made a terrible mistake :( ... Day before yesterday i ordered this product from primeabgb Ripjaws-X F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL ( Buy Gskill RAM | G Skill Memory | G Skill 4GB RAM | Gskill India ).. I thought it was a 4GB single stick and ordered 2 nos. but i received the product and realized its a 4 X 2GB sticks ( i..e two 4GB kits ).. I really wanted to go for 2 X 4GB sticks..

Now my question is

1) Since my mobo has only 4 slots if i fill all the slots with these 2GB sticks will it heat up my mobo and will it cause any damage or something??...

2) Adding 4 X 2GB sticks will it reduce the performance and slow down the system?..

Plss reply and help me out guys....

Thanks in advance.... :)

:lol:
okay think like this
if there would have been any such kind of problem, then why would they have introduced so much capacity and slots in the first place

in short: NO.....you can add without any problem...enjoy :)

OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
@ Piyush Thanks man i know that was a EPIC noob :lol: question but still wanted to ask :-D cuz my old system after when i added extra 2 X 2GB ram the mobo went kaput in a week! so only asked that question... I have one more question..

Will there be any significant performance difference between 2 X 4GB and 4 X 2GB sticks??.. I read some reviews that
4 X 2 GB sticks affects the performance as the processor has more memory modules to read something like that..

OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
@ Piyush Thanks man.. I am jus really really worried man cuz i jus read this from another forum superuser.com it says:-

4 sticks would cause more strain on the memory controller and motherboard chipset. It would take slightly longer for the CPU to add and retrieve data from 4 sticks as opposed to 2.

For this reason, 2 x 4GB would be faster then 4 x 2GB.

EDIT - there is a much better technical explanation on EE to enforce my answer, although it does mention lower sized sticks:

It's better to use 2 2GB modules -- not for any appreciable speed difference (although there may be a small advantage -- more in a bit) -- but for a more reliable memory subsystem.

Most desktop systems use unbuffered RAM modules -- this results in very large loads on the address and data buses when you have more than 2 modules installed, and can significantly degrade the signalling on these buses. The memory subsystem "sees' one load per memory chip -- so with 2 modules installed, that's up to 32 loads (with double-sided modules) ... and with 4 modules installed that's as many as 64 electrical loads on the bus. Some systems automatically adjust for this higher load by either increasing the voltage a small amount; reducing the clock frequency of the memory (thus slightly slowing it down); or by adding a cycle to the SPD's latency setting (again, slightly slowing it down). These adjustments help keep the memory subsystem reliable -- but mean that 4 x 1GB modules would be slightly slower than 2 x 2GB modules on these systems. But regardless of whether there's any timing differences, the memory will definitely be more reliable with only 2 modules.

Pls advise guys is it wise to go with 4 X 2GB RAM.. Will it really cause voltage probs on mobo?.. Is anyone using 4 X 2GB RAM?... Pls help me out...

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
Plsssss help me out guys.. i have ordered the following rigs and gonna assemble coming Wednesday.. I am planning to over clock... but i have some doubts about cpu cooler and Case fans behaviors... My config :-

1) Since i have cm 690 II advanced case which can accommodate up to 10 fans i was wondering which side fans would be good to set as intake and which side fans to set as exhaust.. Rite now i have totally 5 fans but will be adding each month extra 2 fans.. Pls help me out guys and also i dont know where is the setting to configure the fans.. is it in BIOS?..

2) I have some doubts about liquid cooling... and also i thinking of buying corsair H70... There will be a fan in the liquid cooling kit rite?.. Which place would be apt to place that fan rear or Top?.. and also pls tell me whether the fan in the H70 will intake or exhaust the air.. If we have to configure that pls tell me which would be best for H70...

3) Thought of buying Noctua NHD-14 but cant find anywhere online except one site Shopmania.in ( Noctua NH-D14 cooling fan prices, Shopping comparison for Noctua NH D 14, Buy online in India ).. Can i trust this website?.. Has anyone purchased from this website?...Do u guys have any other suggestion?...

can u please post the price of the Proccy, mobo, ram and gfx card!

can u please post the price of the Proccy, mobo, ram and gfx card!

OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
@ Sammy_cool Here you go man my total config with prices :-

RIGS SPECIFICATIONS AND BRANDS PRICE WEBSITE

Processor Intel Core i5 2500k 11,000 smcinternational.in
MotherBoard Asus P8P67-PRO 32GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard (B3 Revision) 12,000 primeabgb.com
RAM Gskil F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL 1600Mhz DDR3 4GB X 2 5,200 primeabgb.com
Graphics Card MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozer II/OC 13,500 smcinternational.in
Harddrive SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB 7200.12 2,700 smcinternational.in
Monitor Dell ST2220L 21.5” W Full HD Monitor with LED 8750 smcinternational.in
Cabinet CM 690 II Advanced with transparent side panel 5,855 theitdepot.com
Powersupply corsair TX850 7,850 ebay.in
Case Fans Cooler Master 120mm r4 fans x 2 900 primeabgb.com
HDMI Cable Belkin Standard HDMI A-A cable 500 primeabgb.com
Liquid Cooling for CPU Corsair H70 4,900 OR Noctual NH-D14 ( 4.5k )
UPS APC UPS 600 VA or Numeric 800 VA 2,500

Btw someone pls help me out by answering my questions.. I am jus really really worried cuz i jus read this from another forum superuser.com it says:-

4 sticks would cause more strain on the memory controller and motherboard chipset. It would take slightly longer for the CPU to add and retrieve data from 4 sticks as opposed to 2.

For this reason, 2 x 4GB would be faster then 4 x 2GB.

EDIT - there is a much better technical explanation on EE to enforce my answer, although it does mention lower sized sticks:

It's better to use 2 2GB modules -- not for any appreciable speed difference (although there may be a small advantage -- more in a bit) -- but for a more reliable memory subsystem.

Most desktop systems use unbuffered RAM modules -- this results in very large loads on the address and data buses when you have more than 2 modules installed, and can significantly degrade the signalling on these buses. The memory subsystem "sees' one load per memory chip -- so with 2 modules installed, that's up to 32 loads (with double-sided modules) ... and with 4 modules installed that's as many as 64 electrical loads on the bus. Some systems automatically adjust for this higher load by either increasing the voltage a small amount; reducing the clock frequency of the memory (thus slightly slowing it down); or by adding a cycle to the SPD's latency setting (again, slightly slowing it down). These adjustments help keep the memory subsystem reliable -- but mean that 4 x 1GB modules would be slightly slower than 2 x 2GB modules on these systems. But regardless of whether there's any timing differences, the memory will definitely be more reliable with only 2 modules.

Pls advise guys is it wise to go with 4 X 2GB RAM.. Will it really cause voltage probs on mobo?.. Is anyone using 4 X 2GB RAM?... Pls help me out...

Last edited:
Top Bottom