Fermi Arriving: ATI 58xx prices WILL go down

Status
Not open for further replies.

RChandan

Broken In
PRICES OF THE ATI 58xx SERIES CARDS ARE ABOUT TO FALL, BABY!

*www.anandtech.com/weblog/default.aspx#671

Rejoice people, the hemlock will reach a lot more desktops very soon! ;)

otpsurvive

Broken In
I hope so, ATI’s 5000 series is a great card and lower prices will definitely help. However there are serious issues about Fermi – check this link out - *www.semiaccurate.com/2010/02/17/nvidias-fermigtx480-broken-and-unfixable/ .
ATI also has plans to introduce next-gen graphics cards by end of this year and that also might help prices to come down.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
There is a big problem here for Nvidia. They just released their own benchmarks and in current gen games, GTX480 is on par with HD5870. It trumps HD5870 in tessalation though. But given that ATI will be ready with their next gen card by the time tessalation is used heavily in games, it's a bad sign for Nvidia.

OP
R

RChandan

Broken In
I don't think you guys caught the drift. I put that down with a pinch of salt..... What going to happen in effect is - green's launch is going to push red's sales even higher, for sure, without a doubt. ;)

I remember when I bought a 1950XTX years back for 21k.......man, was ATI taking a beating from the 7 series back then!

Take a look now....It has screwed nV on almost all levels. From the top end cards, right down to the 2500-ish cards....Red on fire, he he.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom