Fedora goes next gen! Fedora 8 Test 1 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
praka123 said:
^then try network install -there are other methods too.u can invoke from grub to start an install from iso image :)

prakash can u plz give me procedures or site from where i can install thru network, or using grub and iso image on cd / dvd (it should work for more then 1 iso image also ).

and do u know how to install any Distro from iso images on Windows/ Linux Directory to some other partition.

i tried that red had method, that doesn't work out. :(

praka123

left this forum longback
I tried this long back.was successful with fedora 5 or 6 :?: .a brief idea is here.
*www.foresightlinux.org/forum/topic/1/4/
remember u can modify existing grub to show the path. :)

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
vish786 said:
prakash can u plz give me procedures or site from where i can install thru network, or using grub and iso image on cd / dvd (it should work for more then 1 iso image also ).

and do u know how to install any Distro from iso images on Windows/ Linux Directory to some other partition.

i tried that red had method, that doesn't work out. :(

U need the boot floppy as an installation media which u can make from the site download or the dos utiles come with the iso. After that boot from floppy drive at the install promt type this command
install askmethod

It will give u the option of installation from hdd network etc. select the install from hdd and press enter then it will ask for the location of the iso so give it in the form of /hda1/location where hda1 is ur dirve where iso are so change it as required & also the partition should be fat32 as it will not be able to read from NTFS partition ( as i have not check)
Rest is same...............
also u can check the redhat doc on installation it will provide more details..................

vish786

"The Gentleman"
abhinav_bipnesh said:
U need the boot floppy as an installation media which u can make from the site download or the dos utiles come with the iso. After that boot from floppy drive at the install promt type this command
install askmethod

It will give u the option of installation from hdd network etc. select the install from hdd and press enter then it will ask for the location of the iso so give it in the form of /hda1/location where hda1 is ur dirve where iso are so change it as required & also the partition should be fat32 as it will not be able to read from NTFS partition ( as i have not check)
Rest is same...............
also u can check the redhat doc on installation it will provide more details..................

i had made a boot floppy by copying the image into floppy using rawwrite, it didnt work for me. I had followed the procedure also which is mentioned along with rawwrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom