Fedora Core 4 & 5 troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
santu_29

santu_29

Journeyman
simply write 'yum install mplayer' and not mplayer-1.blah blah. i hope that waork, try it out, also check out this link- *stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_4_installation_notes.html#MPlayer

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ Santu

Same problems bro as given in screenshot (by jus writing yum install Mplayer). Its also mentioned in Stanton Finley notes for MPlayer that Yum must be updated viz net wich i hv already mentioned in my previous post abt the problem im facing as this:
1.) Now i guess b4 doin anything i will hv to update yum via net connection(a thread started by me for my Net connection is running here: www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40780 ).And im facing problems even there so help needed there too

So no logical conclusions....

Cheers n e-peace.....

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
@ashu: go here for a tut about installing from source.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=352726

And what you have done is wrong. yum is not for compiling from sources. Yum fetches and installs precompiled binaries. the proper command for installing mplayer is

yum install mplayer

But as you have a source file already, refer to the following link, which provides an excellent tutorial how to install mplayer in fedora.

*www.mjmwired.net/resources/mplayer-fedora.html

OP
santu_29

santu_29

Journeyman
do you have the repo- freshrpms and livna ?
also i personally prefer xine than mplayer cos it wasnt able to play my dvds, well .....

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
santu_29 said:
do you have the repo- freshrpms and livna ?
also i personally prefer xine than mplayer cos it wasnt able to play my dvds, well .....

he hasn't configured his internet yet. So yum is out of question.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ desertwind

Thanx for the tuts bro, i will try that out and post my results... Can u please guide me on other issues from my earlier post...

Thanx for identifying this:
he hasn't configured his internet yet. So yum is out of question.
So please tyr to enlighten me on that too.. :(

Cheers n e-peace....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom