Fedora 10 is out and out to Rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Sorry, forgot to mention it. Extract the file libflashplayer.so into /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins. Be sure to remove/rename the 32bit one if you had wrapped that from /usr/lib/flash-plugin.

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Coming to the wonderful Plymouth booting, if you see just a basic bar at the bottom, it means your video card is not supported yet. It is officially supported on ATi cards currently and will be made on Intel and then nVidia cards soon. However, non-ATi card owners can experience it using a nifty hack thereby which it will use the VESA mode to display the artwork. This may/may-not work depending on the card. I have a nVidia card and it works perfectly.

Add vga=0x318 to the end of the kernel line in your /boot/grub/grub.conf
title Fedora (2.6.27.5-117.fc10.x86_64)
root (hd0,9)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.27.5-117.fc10.x86_64 ro root=UUID=b1b61899-dac7-45b0-ac3f-bb23eb1055d0 rhgb quiet vga=0x318
initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.27.5-117.fc10.x86_64.img
To get additional plugins, do (Solar is the default one)
sudo yum install plymouth-plugin-fade-in plymouth-plugin-pulser plymouth-plugin-spinfinity
To change the plugins, do
sudo plymouth-set-default-plugin <pluginname> i.,e[fade-in/pulser/spinfinity]
sudo /usr/libexec/plymouth/plymouth-update-initrd <- this is to rebuild initrd so it gets updated.
For more details on Plymouth, visit *www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=fedora_plymouth&num=1
For videos, see youtube *in.youtube.com/results?search_query=fedora+plymouth

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
i am having installation issues.
the installation hangs at package no 76 ! during install. complete hang ! only rest button provides a response !

i downloaded it via torrents ! the x86 _64 one !
what's the problem guys ?

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Bad burn or bad download? Did you check the md5sum of the downloaded file? Did you try one more burn?

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
MD5 Is perfect Match !!
I wrote it onto a DVD R/W !
May be the R/W disk died too soon.

Then i had also tried Fedora 9 i386 !! It will bootup nicely then finally at login time while loading nautilus it just goes blank and black and dead ! BSOD !

Ubuntu 8.10 seems to have many bugs ! have to update that else try Fedora i386 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom