Federer v/s Nadal

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
I love the way Federer plays. His game is brilliant... but for some reason, when it comes to Federer and Nadal match.... Nadal is the one that I support.

But still, none matches my all time fav, Pete Sampras.

gofeddy

Broken In
ssk429 said:
did anyone watch battle of the surfaces nadal won :D
was it telecast in india??

I dont think they telecasted it in India. But I saw it on Youtube. It was a grt match. A very tight tiebreak in the end[7-5 4-6 7-6(12-10)]. Sad,:( :( Federer lost. But he will win the French.
GO ROGER...........:cool: :wink:

mayanks_098

world is evil
ssk429 said:
did anyone watch battle of the surfaces nadal won :D
was it telecast in india??

naah...i was soooo eagerly waitng 4 it,bt i cudnt find it on ne channel on tata sky. :( missed a treat.

n bout d topic...well im a huge federer fan.hez simply superb.he plays so cool.he literally butters a ball on d court.his movts a lik omg..n wat 2 say bout dat forehand.
no...no1 will b near top him aftr say bout 4-5 yrs.
hez such a class player.lik sum 1aid ,he makes tennis luk sooooooo damn easy.only a gem can do it.
hats off to him...

Drizzling Blur

Devoted Metalhead \\m//
Very interesting topic here. My pick - Nadel

Reasons

1) King of Clay Courts, always beat Federer on them, Federer never beat him on Clay courts till date.

2) Nadel beat Federer on grass courts as well.

3) Nadel is a pure tennis genius, Federer on the other side slowly kills the confidence in you through his excellent game play, Nadel on the other side, shows his class with just-cannot-reach returns on any types of courts.

4) Nadel runs, Nadel runs like nuts on the courts unlike Federer who tries his best to let not the other player put him in a inconveninet position and yes atleast all the tennis i've seen specially all the finals where these two guys meet, Nadel protects his side of the boundary hitting back everything on the baseline no matter where the ball is actually. He runs effectively and displays true sportsman spirit ( Note : I didnt say Federer does not display it :) )

5) Every player wants to be Federer but most importantly every aspiring player wants to fight like Nadel.

Enough said, i have justified my choice :) Looking forward to some meaningful discussion here on.

gofeddy

Broken In
Drizzling Blur said:
Very interesting topic here. My pick - Nadel

Reasons

1) King of Clay Courts, always beat Federer on them, Federer never beat him on Clay courts till date.

2) Nadel beat Federer on grass courts as well.

3) Nadel is a pure tennis genius, Federer on the other side slowly kills the confidence in you through his excellent game play, Nadel on the other side, shows his class with just-cannot-reach returns on any types of courts.

4) Nadel runs, Nadel runs like nuts on the courts unlike Federer who tries his best to let not the other player put him in a inconveninet position and yes atleast all the tennis i've seen specially all the finals where these two guys meet, Nadel protects his side of the boundary hitting back everything on the baseline no matter where the ball is actually. He runs effectively and displays true sportsman spirit ( Note : I didnt say Federer does not display it :) )

5) Every player wants to be Federer but most importantly every aspiring player wants to fight like Nadel.

Enough said, i have justified my choice :) Looking forward to some meaningful discussion here on.

2) Now when did that happen
Fed has'nt lost on grass since 2003 Wimbledon. Nadal has never beaten Federer on grass.

3)Infact, Federer is a pure tennis genius. Nadal only runs and runs and runs....... He has a very few shots to play with. But, Fed has more variety and is more stylish. Nadal can return amazingly only on clay. On the rest of the courts he is good, but not great.

So, NADAL RULZ CLAY
FEDERER RULZ "THE REST"

Dipen01

Youngling
I support Federer anytime...eventhough his flaws are more than Nadal..

- Nadal can handle pressure better than Federer , he has done it many times on key points.

- Nadal can cover whole court without any problem

- Nadal's has no weakness (atleast on clay) i.e forehand and backend both are perfect...wheres Fed has little beat weak backhand which nadal knows very well and exploits it gladly... where Federer has one of the best fore hands..

- Nadal's game is stylish.. Federer's simple and he sticks to basics..

Still....I support Fed..everytime...Even i hav feeling that he might win Roland Garros this time..;) Lets hope he does...

OP
abhi_10_20

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
its such a thing you know......even Sampras struggled to survive on clay......and now its Roger........hell ....how's he playing right now? better get onto track Roger......you dont wanna lose Wimbledon....

gofeddy

Broken In
Guys, sunday is going to have another battle between Federer and Nadal for the Hamburg masters title.
Go ROGER!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

YES YES YES!!!!!!
Finally Nadal's streak of 81 matches in clay has been snapped by Federer.
Now the French Open will be really a treat to watch!!

Last edited:

karmanya

Journeyman
@drizzling blur-
ure wrong Federer beat Nadal 6-2 6-0 yesterday.in the hamburg open.

I prefer Federer only because of his attitude: u know u reminds me of a college preppy boy as if he's saying OOH im gonna go have a cup o tea.also u notice that federer doesnt usually run much. however yesterday he was all over the place. so if federer gets the stamina and running capability of nadal hed be one of the best players that ever lived.

Dipen01

Youngling
^^^
No-one can have everything man ;)

its just some ppl fine tune thier special areas :) plus nadal is lot younger than Federer so he obviously has more stamina

I support Federer at Frech Open

karmanya

Journeyman
dude younger doesnt usually mean more stamina. its how u train and what ure body type is. federer isnt much of a runner and nadal is. if federer based his technique on running then his training style would alter. its all about how u train.

OP
abhi_10_20

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
A win for Roger at the right time at Hamburg....

Now, French open will be really interesting.....

what i still feel sad of is that, the first two ranks are never challenged....
its alwaays been these two guys frm years....

N

naga_kiran

i feel that federer is more of a class act in all the surfaces xcept clay,
nadal is in a class of his own in clay ..
however federer did beat him this week for the first time on clay.
hope it doesnt turn the tide against nadal
i still feel nadal is the best on clay

gofeddy

Broken In
THE DREAM FINAL is here

FEDERER v NADAL at the FRENCH OPEN on Sunday

GO ROGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Pathik

Google Bot
Federer is the better player....
Nadal is the cooler one...
btw this match is on grass rite??

gofeddy

Broken In
pathiks said:
Federer is the better player....
Nadal is the cooler one...
btw this match is on grass rite??

No, not grass. This match is on clay. So, still Nadal's the favorite, but..........
still...................GO ROGER.....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom