Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys......

m having a 6800 xt sli comp........n plan to get FEAR running on it.....just wanted to know if a 4.1 sound system is compatible with it.....any clue?

cheers!!!

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
SOUND COMPABILITY FOR FEAR.....WITH SLI MODE GRAPHICS CARD I WILL NOT WAIT A MINUTE TO PLAY FEAR...I ENVY U FOR THAT SLI MODE GRAPHICS CARDS U HAVE....... :)
(SLI MODE 6800 AND 4.1 sspeakers)AWESOME COMBO FOR FEAR

OP
kichu_overclocked

kichu_overclocked

Broken In
hey wixrulz...

thankx for da info man....i got another query too....i jus tried out the FEAR demo on my system.....but there seemed to be a fall in framerates.....any tools you know that cud probably boost my gpu??? i have the ntune utility but i frankly prefer the good ol bios approach! but sadly....gpu tweaking is not there in my bios....so any simple to use gpu tweaker out there in da dark alleys of ur knowledge???

maheswar2006

Broken In
Download POWERSTRIP from entechtaiwan. Its got all u need.
I cant understand what u mean by fall in framerates? was it running in higher FPS and later slowed down? What reference point r u using to calculate that?
Also download FRAPS to analyze ur FPS.

Enjoy ~~~mahesh~~~

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
What FPS ur getting??
u have the best possible config for FEAR ...so i do not understand abt the FPS getting less???

OP
kichu_overclocked

kichu_overclocked

Broken In
well i m getting around 30 fps.......at max settings that is.what i meant by fall in frame rates is that ...when compared to doom3,most wanted,quake4 at max settings i get very smooth gameplay...but the fear demo was holding up every now and then.

maheswar2006

Broken In
Doom3 and Quake4 operate in openGL (even farcry to an extent). Nvidia cards and detonaters are great performers of openGL games...
Most wanted is Direct3D but its low in system resources. I get about 70fps in full settings in 1600X1200.(2XFSAA)
Fear is a Direct3d game which demands very high system requirements. Got beaten by Oblivion only recently.......
I dont mean to say nvidia cannot handle D3D games but it is just that they handle openGL better....
But still, ur system should handle FEAR very well.........
What resolution and settings are u running FEAR? Is softshadows and HDR on?
I get around 40 FPS with both on at 1024X768.......................

Last edited:
OP
kichu_overclocked

kichu_overclocked

Broken In
hey!!
its sorted out now....well the problem was kinda silly....my sli bridge had not been tight...so the sli mode wasnt actually working the last few times i tried the game...i jus got a message saying sli disabled....but now its put in the rite place n wowowow.....FEAR is flowing!!!!!!i m getting around 35 fps in max settings

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Look at this :

*img443.imageshack.us/img443/7885/feartest32pz.jpg

I'm playing at 1280*768 , 2x aa , Soft Shadows , Maxed Settings ... don't u think ur 6800XT SLi should get atleast this if not better ???

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
@maheswar2006: you take the screenshot of the game by standard methods like pressing 'Printscreen' on the keyboard or 'F12', 'F8', etc according to the game. See the game advanced settings for these screenshot bindings. Then you upload these screenshots in any imagehosting site like imageshack.us. After uploading you will get the HTML code of the screenshot posted. Copy and paste it to the text of the post here and your screenie will be posted here.

I just had another question regarding FEAR. Is there any way to kill the EVE, or it is better avoiding it altogether? I am in interval 06 near the end, and can't manage to tackle the situation in the courtyard when it appears with loads of other soldiers.

maheswar2006

Broken In
thanks digitized, now i can post my screenies...
BTW, "fraps" is the best software to get screenies and videos of u playing the game in real time in AVI format, and u also get to see ur FPS in any game u play.....have u tried it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom