FC 9 Extremely Slow System Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
Decided to experiment with FC 9 this weekend and installed it on a spare pc. Everything works fine apart from the slow system update. I had left the PC on for the whole of today morning (2am to 8am) to download the updates during the BSNL free time and i find that it hasn't updated. Did some homework of my own and came to know we can add repositories mirrors near to our geographic location and thus speed up the whole updating process. Likewise i found IIT Chennai to be hosting the repo mirror in India. (*ftp.iitm.ac.in/fedora)

Now here is the query, how can i configure yum, so that the updating is done using IIT Chennai mirror only?

Please help me out. :(

Problem solved, thanks to Amish from www.broadbandforum.in

If any are interested, u might check the thread in *broadbandforum.in/linux/31161-fc-9-extremely-slow-system-update/#post212840

Note to Mods : The thread maybe locked, since it has served the purpose.

Last edited:

DukeNukem

Come get Some
Decided to experiment with FC 9 this weekend and installed it on a spare pc. Everything works fine apart from the slow system update. I had left the PC on for the whole of today morning (2am to 8am) to download the updates during the BSNL free time and i find that it hasn't updated. Did some homework of my own and came to know we can add repositories mirrors near to our geographic location and thus speed up the whole updating process. Likewise i found IIT Chennai to be hosting the repo mirror in India. (*ftp.iitm.ac.in/fedora)

Now here is the query, how can i configure yum, so that the updating is done using IIT Chennai mirror only?

Please help me out. :(

Problem solved, thanks to Amish from www.broadbandforum.in

If any are interested, u might check the thread in *broadbandforum.in/linux/31161-fc-9-extremely-slow-system-update/#post212840

Note to Mods : The thread maybe locked, since it has served the purpose.

Well Bro I've updated Fedora 9 Twice (ahem from Scratch) downloaded 1.2 GB in 9 Hrs and Whole Process takes 10.5 Hrs for Me Iam Using Airtel 8to8 Free 256KBps. So no problem here in updating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom