Fastest Browser..(based on personal experience)

Which browser is the fastest brower based on your personal experience.?

• Internet Explorer 8

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Firefox

Votes: 119 43.8%
  • Safari

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 56 20.6%
  • Opera

Votes: 82 30.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buamatya@gmail.com

:-o PERSONALLY

everybody are the same. IE is BIT ANNOYING for the WINDOWS GENIUNE ADVANTAGE VALIDATION part ,works well with windows updates .

Firefox is another story,managed to add free download manager lite extension with a plug in for bit torrent download.

Crazykiller

Banned
Google Chrome's The Best.
You can even browse *cough* in Incognito Mode
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
:-o PERSONALLY

everybody are the same. IE is BIT ANNOYING for the WINDOWS GENIUNE ADVANTAGE VALIDATION part ,works well with windows updates .

Firefox is another story,managed to add free download manager lite extension with a plug in for bit torrent download.

You should Use Genuine Softwares dude.

STOP PRIVACY!!!!
sry

i meant Stop Piracy!!!

Last edited:
OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
read in a blog that discuss about chorme market share for march 09 uplift. (source: here )

Here’s the last 30 days in google analytics.

*www.mattcutts.com/images/browser-market-share-march-2009.png

Some different browser marketshare numbers:
Chrome went from 1.15% to 1.23% in the last ~30 days.(source:Net Applications)
Chrome topped 2% recently and fewer people using Internet Explorer and more people using Firefox and Chrome over the weekends. StatCounter provides CSV export, so I made a separate chart for Chrome:(source: State counter)

*spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pRoiw3us3wh2KdUdTD1WHHA&oid=1&output=image

In the last 60 days, Chrome has gone from 2.099% to 2.479% (source:clicky says)

Last few hours

*www.mattcutts.com/images/browser-market-share-march-2009-clicky.png

The dev channel switcher*dev.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel/ to get the latest/greatest features in Chrome. For example, the dev channel uses the F11 key to switch to full-screen mode and delete auto-form-fill suggestions by cursoring down to them and hitting the “Delete” key.
- The chrome experiments site demonstrates how well Chrome handles JavaScript.

And does anyone know of other sources for browser market-share?

*www.google.com/analytics/

planetcall

Indian by heart
I recently got my hand dirty with the most popular browsers. I tried IE, firefox3, Opera10, chrome and safari. I would say that Chrome is the fastest in all aspects. Next comes Safari and Opera10. Both are equally good but I find opera to be slightly better in resource consumption. Firefox is still slow. It has huge memory requirement, partly attributable to the addins but since it has the feature and it is being commonly used so it should not be considered in isolation. Firefox is slow in launch and in rendering in comparison to safari and chrome. IE sucks big time! I wonder when Microsoft will understand that its monopoly doesn't work anymore in browser arena!

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Oops the thread is regarding fatest browser and i thaugt it said fastest baller and i was going to comment that shoib akhtar is a clear jerker !!

jxcess3891

Evil mind
opera is 10 times faster than firefox. firefox sucks. check out these test results,*www.howtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html#winspeed & u will see that opera is ahead in most categories.

scare

Right off the assembly line
OPERA OPERA nobody can beat opera.This browser is very very fast & stable.I can't remember when last i have user IE or Firefox.

axxo

99.9% Idle
after reading this story I've a feeling that I should go back to IE6.
*www.saveie6.com/compare.php

sakumar79

Technomancer
^^ axxo, Frankly speaking, thats the lamest most idiotic comparison of browsers I have ever seen...

1. You dont expect Firefox to install IE shortcut on your screen do you?
2. Many updates dont mean higher security... If you check security reports you will know the truth - Opera is the most secure among the mentioned due to its much smaller user base...
3. Chrome integrates tab bar on main window bar so it is more screen space efficient than IE6... Also, all the mentioned browsers allow kiosk mode (full screen view) by pressing F11 key
4. Active X is one of the reasons why IE is more insecure than the other browsers... Also, since it is a feature that is browser and OS-specific, it creates a lot of problems...
5. Test lightweightedness of browser by its speed of loading and page rendering... not by saying that it lacks a feature so it is lightweight...
6. (Its already there) - Not true in Macs and Linux systems
7. Regarding browser render speed indicated in the chart, I dont trust the details given in that chart, you can refer lots of other well-reputed sites that indicate otherwise on neutral comparison platforms...

PS: In my experience, Chrome loads fastest but I use Opera more because of its features (only gripe with Opera is occasional incompatibility with some websites). I also use Firefox and IE very occasionally...

Arun

axxo

99.9% Idle
you got those points right. But I wasn't really meant to say that. It's just I got into surprise after hitting that link.
Who can predict we may happen to see in another decade a link that reads something like www.savewindows.com.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ axxo, Frankly speaking, thats the lamest most idiotic comparison of browsers I have ever seen...

1. You dont expect Firefox to install IE shortcut on your screen do you?
2. Many updates dont mean higher security... If you check security reports you will know the truth - Opera is the most secure among the mentioned due to its much smaller user base...
3. Chrome integrates tab bar on main window bar so it is more screen space efficient than IE6... Also, all the mentioned browsers allow kiosk mode (full screen view) by pressing F11 key
4. Active X is one of the reasons why IE is more insecure than the other browsers... Also, since it is a feature that is browser and OS-specific, it creates a lot of problems...
5. Test lightweightedness of browser by its speed of loading and page rendering... not by saying that it lacks a feature so it is lightweight...
6. (Its already there) - Not true in Macs and Linux systems
7. Regarding browser render speed indicated in the chart, I dont trust the details given in that chart, you can refer lots of other well-reputed sites that indicate otherwise on neutral comparison platforms...

PS: In my experience, Chrome loads fastest but I use Opera more because of its features (only gripe with Opera is occasional incompatibility with some websites). I also use Firefox and IE very occasionally...

Arun
axxo had posted that just for fun. :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
With their 10.50 alpha release opera proved once again it's the best out of the box browser in terms of performance, mem footprint, speed and features :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom