Faster torrent speeds(Router-Client Config.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
yrana2002

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
We really cant tell because the ISP maybe providing different routers for different plans.
However, my knowledge tells me that its got to be a Motorola Surfboard SB5100. Is it? Check with the manual or anything provided with the modem. There maybe the no. on the router hardware itself.

Savvy :!:

Dipen01

Youngling
yrana2002 said:
We really cant tell because the ISP maybe providing different routers for different plans.
However, my knowledge tells me that its got to be a Motorola Surfboard SB5100. Is it? Check with the manual or anything provided with the modem. There maybe the no. on the router hardware itself.

Savvy :!:

Hey there...

yeah its the same modem...well Black and horizontal.. this one..

will confirm its model no...

*img125.imageshack.us/img125/4465/motorolasb51007pu.th.jpg

So what do if i have same thing :? :shock:

rajesh201985

CrysIs Freak
shwetanshu said:
Ok now for MTNL users using D-LINK 502T ROUTERS, login to ur *192.168.1.1 and then go to Advanced --> Virtual Servers, make sure PVC0 is selected, then in the box below, click on USER radio button, then click ADD, Enter any name, then select TCP, UDP and then enter any port mentioned above, i used 65533. Enter the same port in both End and Start ports. Enter the same port in Port Map. Click AApply and then, ADD this rule to APPLIED RULES. Click apply and then Save and Reboot. Save and Reboot is located Tools --> System.

Make sure u enter the same port as mentioned in ur Bit-Torrent Client. Preferably use between 49152 and 65534. I m using Azureus, then Run a test in Azureus, using Tools --> NAT/FIREWALL TEST with the port u selected. Also provide full privelages to ur client.

Well this did work for me, and after using azureus for nearly 3-4 months, i got to see green face for the first time. :p :p

@yrana if u cud change the title of the thread as this for MTNL also now

this helped a lot i too got dlink 502t an airtel connection of 256kbps the working is same as u said but a slight change is that u must make ur connection as static (this can be done =go to network connections and properties in that internet protocol tcp/ip click on properties and make the ip setting by ur self that is ip:192.168.1.100,subnet:255.255.255.0,default gateway is useally:192.168.1.1 and for dns and secondary dns contact ut service provider click on apply now u must get replay for that setting just ping an ip for that.

1later in browser type *192.168.1.1 and u will get a sceen type
username:admin
pass:admin

2there click on advance and on virtual servers there u must set to pvc0 in the below u can see an lan ip (this is import:click on the new ip and assian the ip given before that is 192.168.1.100 and name it and apply after this u must see a static type below

3 and again click on virtual servers at this u must see ur ip on the lan ip list
now click on the user list and add a new one with name of ur choice port number same on start and end ports i has taken 65533 and also same number for port map and click apply later on the applied rules u will get ur name click on that and apply

4then logout

5go to azureus and select options from in the tcp/ip listen port must set to 65533 and nat/firewall test check with that port number it must work now and it says ok

7 thats it man u r done that all the belldy lamps glow in green

best of luck bye

abracadabra

Journeyman
mann thiz doest help with a tata indicom connection.

While trying to access the NAPT settings it asks for a username and password. When i refferred to the default password list link that you had provided it doesnt seem to be feature over there.

it says it doesnt have a username and password. it also doesnt acccept a blank username and password. i make use of a router from Xavi Technologies model X7721r+​

Last edited:

Dipen01

Youngling
ymhatre said:
one more hathway user here....
same motorolla board....
please help...(yrana)

Hathway sucks hard time man... i am on 256 Kbps connection and i get download speed of around 8-9 kbps...

Its pathetic...

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
can any one help me in downloading through Bit comet,I am totally new to this.

I am downloading a torrent file,But the download speed it somewhat near 1-4KB/s and it doesn't change much.While I am using BSNL BB 256 kbps connection.

Also I think the speed is too low.

Please help me in configuring to the best download speed.

*img416.imageshack.us/img416/8590/untitled15yj.jpg

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
@Dipen01
mine gets around 12 kbs........
but this was not the case first...
first it was touching the limits at 22 - 29 kbps
but now its on land with max 5 - 12 kbps

ME too having same 256 kbps infact a night 8 pm - 8am plan...
same feeling about hathway...
it niether provides any LAN service here in mumbai...

Can anyone tell me best service available in mumbai(VILE PARLE)
I download a lot daily about (200 - 500 mb)
to hatway i pay 541 Rs/ month
so can nu guys please tell me some cool ISP with their plan..
requirements r

LAN

monthly charge not to exceed 650 - 700 Rs

preferably a night bird plan.... tht starts from atleast 9.00pm(preferably will be 8.00pm)

daily download allowed shld be more than 200 mb

speed shld be atleast 256kbps(wuld glad to hav 512)

SHLD BE AVAILABLE IN VILE PARLE EAST...

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
ymhatre said:
@Dipen01
mine gets around 12 kbs........
but this was not the case first...
first it was touching the limits at 22 - 29 kbps
but now its on land with max 5 - 12 kbps

ME too having same 256 kbps infact a night 8 pm - 8am plan...
same feeling about hathway...
it niether provides any LAN service here in mumbai...

Can anyone tell me best service available in mumbai(VILE PARLE)
I download a lot daily about (200 - 500 mb)
to hatway i pay 541 Rs/ month
so can nu guys please tell me some cool ISP with their plan..
requirements r

LAN

monthly charge not to exceed 650 - 700 Rs

preferably a night bird plan.... tht starts from atleast 9.00pm(preferably will be 8.00pm)

daily download allowed shld be more than 200 mb

speed shld be atleast 256kbps(wuld glad to hav 512)

SHLD BE AVAILABLE IN VILE PARLE EAST...

U in parle (E)...many of my friends have opted for local cable wala conection.....whats the rate for u form the local cable wala.

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
i hav no info about my local cable wala...
But i heard tht its costlier than hathway n speed is also dump......

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
I also have problem with bitcomet d/l speed
I get 5-6 kbps speed max is six......
But in between for one day i got speed of 29-30kbps.....but just one day:(
i am haveing connection local cable one(7 Star)
i also have all peers conenction LOCAL and some times frm NAT traversal(what is this??)
can anyone tell me to have soem remote conections....
i also have seen that peers d/l at speed between 50kbps to 150kbps
How is that possible???
i do not want that sped but atleast 30 or say 15 kbps ..i wil lbe happy
help me out guys

Dipen01

Youngling
Hathway is also cable wallah only... i am charged 400 + 10% tax for 1 month - 256 Kbps - Nightbird 8 -8 and speed i get is around 8 - 12kbps..

But i get one advantage : Its top Secret ;)

Last edited:

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
hey hey....
dont say tht here...
If hathway finds u doing tht u will be charged....
u r not allowed to enoy two things at a fare of one.....
Please edit tht

OP
yrana2002

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
For all those best broadband offer queries, you should check out this thread:
Best BB offers

Personally, i think Dataone(BSNL) is the best a common man can get at this moment.
Its cheap, fast (trust me), reliable, and provides happy hours too.
There have been hardly a day or two where the server is down or any other billing issue has come up in my case.

abracadabra said:
mann thiz doest help with a tata indicom connection.

While trying to access the NAPT settings it asks for a username and password.
it says it doesnt have a username and password. it also doesnt acccept a blank username and password. i make use of a router from Xavi Technologies model X7721r+

For this model, please see the steps on this page for configuration with Bitcomet:

PortForward for X7721r+
Please see the tutorial properly..

Regarding the Motorola users, i cant guarantee this will work, but you should try out this link. But please proceed cautiously:
Motorola SufBoard Forwarding

Savvy:!:

Last edited:
OP
yrana2002

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
webopedia said:
Short for Network Address Translation, an Internet standard that enables a local-area network (LAN) to use one set of IP addresses for internal traffic and a second set of addresses for external traffic. A NAT box located where the LAN meets the Internet makes all necessary IP address translations.

NAT serves three main purposes:
# Provides a type of firewall by hiding internal IP addresses
# Enables a company to use more internal IP addresses. Since they're used internally only, there's no possibility of conflict with IP addresses used by other companies and organizations.
# Allows a company to combine multiple ISDN connections into a single Internet connection.

Savvy:!:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
I have a local cable connection...how can i do port forwarding???...
I can provide u with my default gateway if u want??
ALso i want to knwo is this all tweaking legal???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom