asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Really nice read. Seeing the chronological line up and development of a brand. My exact card featured in there too...! :)

Thanks.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Still amd will use the radeon brand anyway. They have the expertise to produce great cards in the future.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yaa.... gonna miss that symbol though. That red and white symbol looked great.

So from now on its amd radeon right?

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
ATI for me is synonymous to buggy drivers and poor support for Linux. Thing have improved tremendously since the AMD takeover. Hopefully with the name change, we have an omen for superb Linux support. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
good read..thanks...

surprised they did not mention 4850, was a good seller i think..

HD48** series named as a whole & remember what reviewers told about HD4850 when first launched? it was one hot card. using a single slot cooler for a highend card is never good (custom coolers were used later). small flat fan, perfect for making a cup of coffee :p

Yaa.... gonna miss that symbol though. That red and white symbol looked great.

luckily, i got ATI, not AMD.

So from now on its amd radeon right?

should be.

rajan1311

Padawan
HD48** series named as a whole & remember what reviewers told about HD4850 when first launched? it was one hot card. using a single slot cooler for a highend card is never good (custom coolers were used later). small flat fan, perfect for making a cup of coffee :p

Well, sometimes you could like that...when you hear you fan at full rpm while playing crysis, you kinda "feel" that its doing a lot of work and is one powerful card! Well, back then it did feel like that... :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes, back than it was a nice performance card (still is, just out of stock) till it uses a custom cooler. BTW your card uses the reference cooler? if so, i may come to your place for a cup of coffee than :smile:

rajan1311

Padawan
^anytime mate, just that even with stock cooler, it runs at just 70C in my new cabby. In my old cheapo cabby, it used to go around 107C,used it for almost 1 year at those temps,still runs like a champ ! :D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^anytime mate, just that even with stock cooler, it runs at just 70C in my new cabby. In my old cheapo cabby, it used to go around 107C,used it for almost 1 year at those temps,still runs like a champ ! :D

107C :shock: so reviewers were really serious when they said this card do heats up really bad & may burn itself.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
HD48xx series were made for one thing. 3D processing POWER. Rest of the metrics went out the window. Users still lapped them up...!
:)

Top Bottom