FarCry 2 Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
In 2004, Ubisoft shook up the PC first-person shooter genre when it released Far Cry. The game's dazzling visuals earned it high critical praise, including a nomination for Shooter of the Year in GameSpot's Best and Worst of 2004 awards. The accolades translated into income, with the game selling nearly 425,000 copies in the US, generating $12.9 million as of May, according to the NPD Group.
Far Cry's success launched a whole franchise for Ubisoft, with Far Cry Instincts hitting the Xbox in 2005, its expansion/semisequel Far Cry Instincts Evolution the following year, Far Cry Instincts Predator arriving in 2006, and Far Cry Vengeance tackling the Wii last December.
Unfortunately, Far Cry's success also led to some unwelcome developments for Ubisoft. Just months after the game's release, its German developer, Frankfurt-based Crytek, formed a " strategic partnership" with Ubi rival and part-owner Electronic Arts. The first project to emerge from that deal is the PC shooter Crysis, which has been turning heads at industry events with its groundbreaking graphics. In fact, its rapt reception has sparked talk of EA buying Crytek outright.
While disconcerting, the EA/Crytek deal didn't stop Ubisoft from buying the Far Cry IP last year. Today, the France-based publisher announced its Montreal studio is developing the first proper sequel to Far Cry, inventively titled Far Cry 2. Ubisoft Montreal developed Far Cry Instincts Evolution and the Prince of Persia series, and its currently finishing up Assassin's Creed.
"Far Cry marked the beginning of a new era for shooters. An era of gorgeous graphics and of advanced artificial intelligence," said Tony Key, Ubisoft's vice president of marketing, in a statement. "We are confident that Far Cry 2 will have the same impact again on the FPS genre landscape."
Other than its platform--the PC--and its release window--Spring 2008--little was revealed about the game other than what can be seen on its new teaser Web site. However, the site's splash page did hint the game might be set in Africa, showing pictures of trees in a Serengeti-esque plain with tribal drums playing in the background. Also, a French-language stamp bearing what looks like a lioness or leopard appears in the upper-right-hand corner. At the turn of the 19th century, nearly a third of Africa was under French or Belgian colonial rule.

Source -> Gamespot

YAY ! I was waiting for the sequel of Far Cry

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Far Cry 2 is based on CRY ENGINE 2.0, same as that used in CRYSIS... so its system requirements will be similar to Crysis.... 7300 LE is too underpowered to run CryEngine 2 based games... I have read somewhere that a 6600Gt with 1 GB RAM is the minimum requirement to run Crysis...

Stalker

Padawan
^^AFAIK Farcry 2 is based on a highly modified Cryengine 1.
Not Cryengine 2. The only games using cryengine 2 are crysis & merchants of...(forgot tha name)

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
yeah thatz what I knew earlier about 9-10 months ago (Sep 21, 2006) when first artistic images of FC2 was leaked onto www.incrysis.com ( a 2 GB info leak on FC2) though the official plan was not yet unveiled ...:)

then again speculations arose... I found all kinds on the net...

>>Cryengine 1 heavily modified (incrysis forums)

>> Unreal Engine 3.0 (*www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6564)

>> Cryengine 2 (Gamespot forums)

Dunno which one to believe... though i personally feel Cryengine 2 is their choice... :)

Watch more details here: *www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/86353.html
doesn't seem like CE1 !!!!

Last edited:

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
gr88 link @ arsenal_gunners.... :)

"Fire will obey the laws of physics"....... cooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllll :eek: :)

reddick

Mobile Freak
K I have 'AMD 2000+,512MB RAM,Onboard graphics with DirectX 9.0c,enough space in HDD running on WinXP Pro'...Did this game may run on my machine :rolleyes: Please clear this :!:

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
The game is far away from completion.... it still isn't pre-apha.. and is scheduled to be out by Q4 2008. So judging by the time frame and by the fact that it will use DirectX10, it is safe to assume tht onboard Directx 9c supporting chipsets will NOT be able to play this game. :(

From my assumption, the minimum requirements might be a 7600GT/256MB with 1 GB system RAM.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
the fresh green looks of the FarCry are gone...i think seeing the screenshot.

But Crysis has the glory of FarCry with more advanced effects and SM4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom