Not open for further replies.

AmpleNM

TeKky In Being
I need the fan for the Graphic Card shown in the attachment
Original Fan(In the box)

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
It is difficult to find only fan for specific graphics card, you can get a new GPU cooler for it. Try the neaerst service center and check if they have any stock.

guru_urug

iGoogle
Which card is that? Most branded VGA coolers are expensive. There maybe cheaper alternatives also.
You might as well try your hand at modding it. Low profile cards like yours dont generate much heat and can be passively cooled too..Ive seen ppl mod htpc card to fanless designs...its risky if you dont know what you are doing. You could try getting a similar fan and fitting it.

aquafusion

Journeyman
I just had a doubt, what if the card is in warranty n the fan with stock heatsink stops working n then you eventually lose it. Then later your card stops working for some technical issue. It is still in warranty. Can an rma be done?
Also for the op try checking passive coolers like accelero

guru_urug

iGoogle
@amplenm there's no point spending anything upwards of 1k on a 3yr old 9400gt. try Modding it ....or use a similar fan and try to fit it somehow like how sukesh mentioned . this could be ur chance to experiment with Modding if u are interested.
if u dont want to then I guess this cud be time to get a new card.

guru_urug

iGoogle
oh yes that's quite appropriate I guess...Idk if similar VGA fans are available here in India. a similar china made one may be available here..
one more thing u can try doing is contact some shop which takes rma..ask them if they can harvest a VGA fan for u. most faulty/dead gpus have functional fans...

sukesh1090

Adam young
@aquafusion,
when the fan and heatsink fails and you still use the card then eventually because of heat on one fine day the card will start to burn and thats it service man will tell 'no warranty for burnt cards'.so don't use the card when it's cooler not working.
@op,
do as guru_urg has told,ask any service centre whether they have any fan of old cards or do as i suggested buy a cheap 80mm fan and tie it to the heat sink using the wire cable ties.don't spend much on that 3 year old card.

OP
A

AmpleNM

TeKky In Being
@sukesh1090: the heatsink is fine, even the card was working fine but one fine day it struck on my mind that there's a term called life expectancy for fans so I opened the cabinet and saw that the fan was rotating in somewhat abnormal way. On further exploring it I found that the ball bearing holding my fan has started melting and its kind of difficult for me to find such a fan. Are such fans available in India(ONLINE)?

Last edited:

aquafusion

Journeyman
@aquafusion,
when the fan and heatsink fails and you still use the card then eventually because of heat on one fine day the card will start to burn and thats it service man will tell 'no warranty for burnt cards'.so don't use the card when it's cooler not working.
@op,
do as guru_urg has told,ask any service centre whether they have any fan of old cards or do as i suggested buy a cheap 80mm fan and tie it to the heat sink using the wire cable ties.don't spend much on that 3 year old card.

but if the card if cooled well with another fan in replacement. and the card is not burnt then is the rma successfully done with a missing fan ?

rahulmax

Broken In
@sukesh1090: the heatsink is fine, even the card was working fine but one fine day it struck on my mind that there's a term called life expectancy for fans so I opened the cabinet and saw that the fan was rotating in somewhat abnormal way. On further exploring it I found that the ball bearing holding my fan has started melting and its kind of difficult for me to find such a fan. Are such fans available in India(ONLINE)?

I had similar looking 8500gt, the fan stopped working after a few years, i took it to a local computer repair shop(nehru place delhi). I could not find a new fan for it, but the local repairer modded it with a 80mm fan he screwed it tightly and powered it from the psu. It worked pretty well, i asked him if i could find a new fan, he said i won't.

sukesh1090

Adam young
rma depends upon the service center men and the company.don't worry much about it.just add some local fan to it.low end gpus don't produce much heat.

OP
A

AmpleNM

TeKky In Being
Evercool 50x10mm Buried Frame Type Video Card fan ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Shopping Store In India
don't you all think it is overpriced?

guru_urug

iGoogle
Evercool 50x10mm Buried Frame Type Video Card fan ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Shopping Store In India
don't you all think it is overpriced?

Its the same fan as the one in the newegg link you posted. Prices are almost the same after you convert $ to Rs and add tax. Try the local markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom