Fan filter? Homemade?

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Pretty self explanatory. I have a 120mm fan mount which does not have a fan filter. I need a fan filter for it.
So is there a link or shop to buy fan filters? I am located at kolkata.

If not then how to make a homemade one?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The best you can do is find a mesh, get a piece of sponge and slice a VERY thin layer of it, find a way to stick it in the mesh (fold the edges of it) and mount it on your cabinet via screws..
very DIYiy, might look ugly even, but this is exactly what is done in my cabinet (the air filters)..

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Sponge? Won't it be too thick a filter? I need some good airflow. As in I need come air on the back and top of the motherboard area to keep the socket cool. And the 80mm fan at the back pushes a low amount of air anyway. Just want to know whether a sponge will restrict airflow too much or not.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
No, a thin piece of sponge is there in my cabinet filters, the front ones.. ill show u a pick of the DVD drive cover that i popped out

- - - Updated - - -

*dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72261408/IMG_20140701_005256.jpg

*dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72261408/IMG_20140701_005307.jpg

*dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72261408/IMG_20140701_005313.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

A VERY THIN slice of sponge, as small as u possibly can

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Hmm I'll try out the sponge.

[MENTION=127841]nikku[/MENTION] where can I get AC air filters?

Will musquito nets or a pair of old socks work? :p :D

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Hahaha, I just spotted an old unused net at the corner of my room :p Will try and use that.

Btw anyone knows where I can find 80mm fans that are 15 mm in width? All the ones on flipkart are 25 mm wide.

nikku_hot123

In the zone
Lol. Me too using three folded mosquito net on my 400R. BTW I am looking for AC dust filler in AC repairing shops.

Top Bottom