Famous Music DL Website - Spreading Viruses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Journeyman
I don't usually download music but this time impatience and that natural gut feeling of Indians that encourages us to break the rules, got the better of me and I went to a website called "Mp3Shits" and downloaded some nice songs.

But when I was discussing this with some of my pals, 2 of them said that Mp3shits gave them viruses after downloading. Is this true? Have any of you experienced this? Or was it just a co-incidence that of my friends said the same thing.

Note:: I have not posted a link to such a site neither am I discussing such music downloaded. I am only asking about the website's downloads, whether they give viruses. Hope, this is legal.

~ Retro

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Well u shud always be careful as far as warez and illegal music is concerned such sites are also knon to spread spyware better buy ur cds

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
I am not aware of mp3 files acting as a vector. Just double-check before you double-click an executable. Avoid downloading an exe from a warez site as much as possible.

OP
R

Retro

Journeyman
It is not an Exe but an MP3 and did anyone censor my post or was that me?? Am I now allowed to mention even the site name??

It's not a warez site, just a music downloading site which doesn't host the music itself but just compiles from other servers.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Retro wrote:
It is not an Exe but an MP3 and did anyone censor my post or was that me?? Am I now allowed to mention even the site name??

It's not a warez site, just a music downloading site which doesn't host the music itself but just compiles from other servers.
I think we can post the name of the website so tat other users can be careful from those sites also spreading a good news is perfectly alrite in forums so tat other users can aslo be alerted , HOPE IM RIGHT mods?? :? Neways i d/load music from sites wich do not hv viruses ....

HeynRetro.please ask a mod if u can post ur music site's name so tat even we r aware of the troubles involved in it.. Jus waiting for a mod to answer..............:)

cheers n e-peace...

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
I think we can post the name of the website so tat other users can be careful from those sites also spreading a good news is perfectly alrite in forums so tat other users can aslo be alerted , HOPE IM RIGHT mods??
I don't think the mods would want to do that as any kind of illegal site is one too many in digit forums. Later, ppl will adverise illegal websites by asking you not to go there.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
siriusb wrote:
don't think the mods would want to do that as any kind of illegal site is one too many in digit forums. Later, ppl will adverise illegal websites by asking you not to go there.
I totally agree with u buddy:) even im against ppl posting illegal sites or warez sites..Wat i was tellin is tat can ppl post legal sites (like Retro asked) wich giv viruses while d/loading any stuff( be i music aslo)?/ Coz we all knw tat Warez and illegal sites really cause a PAIN IN THE @$$ but wats the harm to post links of LEGAL sites wich giv viruses if ppl r d/loading stuff from them legally !! RITE !! :)

Cheers n e-peace...

selva1966

Journeyman
Retro said:

All the Warez sites declare the same :wink:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
ashu888ashu888 said:
I think we can post the name of the website so tat other users can be careful from those sites also spreading a good news is perfectly alrite in forums so tat other users can aslo be alerted , HOPE IM RIGHT mods?? :? Neways i d/load music from sites wich do not hv viruses ....
Downloading copyrighted mp3's are illegal, so it's not fair to tell others to "avoid" any particular site.

ashu888ashu888 said:
HeynRetro.please ask a mod if u can post ur music site's name so tat even we r aware of the troubles involved in it.. Jus waiting for a mod to answer..............:)
No... I will snip the URL, if I come to see any such links.
You have reported these posts, we can't come and see if there is any fishy going in here.

Also ppl if anyone recieves any PMs from other member regarding warez or illegal stuffs or anything which is against the forum rules, let me know I will disable the PM rights of such users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom