OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
There are so many side-quests to do that I don't feel like doing main quests. Been clearing settlements so far.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, when is the right time to attack the castle in the Minutemen quest? Anyone already done that quest?

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
There are so many side-quests to do that I don't feel like doing main quests. Been clearing settlements so far.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, when is the right time to attack the castle in the Minutemen quest? Anyone already done that quest?
There is no right time. Just do it when you can. It is just another settlement.

Just go in power armour and you won't regret my advice :)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
There is no right time. Just do it when you can. It is just another settlement.

Just go in power armour and you won't regret my advice :)

I didnt go in with powerarmor, i got my butt handed to me .. that queeen is huge

- - - Updated - - -

Managing so many settlements is hard, i turned off recruitment radio in each after i get 7 or so settlers

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
I didnt go in with powerarmor, i got my butt handed to me .. that queeen is huge

- - - Updated - - -

Managing so many settlements is hard, i turned off recruitment radio in each after i get 7 or so settlers
Yeah. I advice, keep settlement radio only in one place, and keep sending your settlers to other places using move.

Next build walls around all you settlements, make sure they have enuf food water and beds and then eventually have shops in your settlements. Put loads of turrets in front of the single gate to your barricade. And you can forget about your settlements. They will be self sufficient :)

Will kill any supies or bandits or mercs that will attack them.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

- - - Updated - - -

I still have that T60 power armor from the first quest in Concord. I keep maintaining it until I get a X-01.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. I advice, keep settlement radio only in one place, and keep sending your settlers to other places using move.

Next build walls around all you settlements, make sure they have enuf food water and beds and then eventually have shops in your settlements. Put loads of turrets in front of the single gate to your barricade. And you can forget about your settlements. They will be self sufficient :)

Will kill any supies or bandits or mercs that will attack them.

Shops require level 2 of the Local Leader perk. I am currently concentrating on getting Armourer, Science and Gun-Nut. In the meanwhile, the settlers will have to make do with Food, Water and Beds.

Adding turrets only to the entrance is not sufficient, sometimes the bandits will attack from other open areas as well (such as the hill next to Starlight Drive-in) so you will have to set up a few guard towers and turrets that way as well. There is no way to know the enemy entry points until a settlement is actually attacked.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
I still have that T60 power armor from the first quest in Concord. I keep maintaining it until I get a X-01.

- - - Updated - - -

Shops require level 2 of the Local Leader perk. I am currently concentrating on getting Armourer, Science and Gun-Nut. In the meanwhile, the settlers will have to make do with Food, Water and Beds.

Adding turrets only to the entrance is not sufficient, sometimes the bandits will attack from other open areas as well (such as the hill next to Starlight Drive-in) so you will have to set up a few guard towers and turrets that way as well. There is no way to know the enemy entry points until a settlement is actually attacked.
If you have walls, all the enemy can do is shiz outside the walls

Missile and laser turrets are very effective.

And if you want crazy protection, don't build any doors at all

But your trade caravans can't enter either.

I never got a t51. Got the first t45 and then x01 power armour. Then got the BOS-T60 but it is inferior to the X01.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
I concentrated only the settlement residing in Sanctuary hills. Currently have 20 people in Sanctuary hills and also got 100% happiness in the settlement. I electrified all of the houses,build 16 level 3 shops and have 120 defense

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Where to get large quantities of aluminium and oil.. these two resources are annoying to get, i always run out of them
Just loot everything you get, every possible thing. Max strong back and lone wanderer (pro tip- lone wanderer doesn't count dogmeat as a companion)

Add to that a power armour and at str 10, you total carry weight is 700 plus you can fast travel over encumbered.

sygeek

Technomancer
Does anyone else get microstuttering even with good fps (50+) while moving around mouse and/or strafing?

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Have you don't the ini changes?

Did you unlock framerate?

If yes then Force vsync fro nvidia control panel.

I sometimes get some stuttering even though I have done all that. However that only occurs sometimes and when it does, it stops after about 10 mins.

Piyush

Lanaya
Where to get large quantities of aluminium and oil.. these two resources are annoying to get, i always run out of them

Make sure to get Scrapper perk, its really good. And you can "tag" the components so that when in wasteland you hover your cursor on any item, say paint, it will mention that it contains oil as you wanted.

sygeek

Technomancer
Have you don't the ini changes?

Did you unlock framerate?

If yes then Force vsync fro nvidia control panel.
Already did all that. It's not a stutter per say but like jittery motion when moving mouse instead of a smooth motion. Everything is fine at 60fps but if it drops even 2-3 frames below that this problem starts.

Also, for some weird reason I was having fps problems until I set shadow distance to medium (which shouldn't effect fps, right?) and rest to high/ultra. I've been trying to fix this game for the past 5 hours. What's worse is there is no ingame graphics settings, have to restart every time. SO FRUSTRATING! Now I feel like uninstalling the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I sometimes get some stuttering even though I have done all that. However that only occurs sometimes and when it does, it stops after about 10 mins.
Yours sound like antivirus problem. I used to have that problem in all my games until I added an exclusion to my game folders.

- - - Updated - - -

how mucg RAM?
4GB, but if you search online I'm not the only one with this problem.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
obviously, its because of 4GB RAM, i had that problem too in Dragon Age Inquisition when I had 4 GB RAM, i upgraded and all the stuttering problems were gone

There might be others who arent facing this issue despite having 4 GB RAM, which might be a result of optimized settings, amount of free RAM at launch, and other factors..
The easiest way to fix your problem is upgrade RAM, period

sygeek

Technomancer
obviously, its because of 4GB RAM, i had that problem too in Dragon Age Inquisition when I had 4 GB RAM, i upgraded and all the stuttering problems were gone

There might be others who arent facing this issue despite having 4 GB RAM, which might be a result of optimized settings, amount of free RAM at launch, and other factors..
The easiest way to fix your problem is upgrade RAM, period
But..my FPS is completely fine..It's not stuttering actually, the mouse movement is jittery when the fps is anything below 58fps.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
exactly the same problem, when i had 4 GB RAM.. i too wondered what might be the reason for months until I upgraded and voila ! all stuttering gone..
Also, did u try the new beta catalyst drivers for fallout ? It might give u a small boost, but wont fix your main problem

sygeek

Technomancer
exactly the same problem, when i had 4 GB RAM.. i too wondered what might be the reason for months until I upgraded and voila ! all stuttering gone..
Also, did u try the new beta catalyst drivers for fallout ? It might give u a small boost, but wont fix your main problem
Okay then. I'll upgrade ASAP. Upgrading drivers did nothing btw.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
But..my FPS is completely fine..It's not stuttering actually, the mouse movement is jittery when the fps is anything below 58fps.
That stutter you see is when your system runs out of ram and new data is loaded into your ram while flushing the previous. When you have more ram, the flush is not required.

Generally the system often tries to use page file as virtual ram if the ram data cannot be flushed but if you have a slow HDD then you will still see slowdown. SSD can help in such a situation too.

Same goes for vram as well, if you set the textures to the highest and it fills your vram, then you will see microstutter when it flushes that memory for the next frame.

Solution for you now is to add ram.

Top Bottom