Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Nexus Mod: Fallout 4 Configuration Tool - Easily Change FOV,Mouse Acceleration,ADS Sensitivity and more..

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Started playing Fallout 4 yesterday. Here are some of my first impressions:

- Prologue seems too rushed. However since it does not serve much purpose other than to set up the player's background so its alright.
- The character now moves faster, the default speed appears to be slightly faster than Skyrim's movement animation. There is no walk modifier though, the character only jogs or sprints.
- The gameplay seems more responsive as opposed to Fallout 3/NV.
- Pip-boy and game UI feels somewhat counter intuitive to those used to Fallout 3/NV UI. For example, in the local map, you cannot distinguish item icons like doors from the background (would probably get fixed).
- Power armor now consumes power in the form of Fusion Cores. The faster you sprint, the faster you lose power. Power armor can also get damaged, causing plating on it to get destroyed. You will then have to craft platings and repair the armor.
- Clothing is more modular. You can wear your vault suit and attach armor pieces to your arms, legs, chest and head.
- There is a settlement management meta-game where you have to build and develop your former neighbourhood by crafting shelter, beds, food, water, power, security, etc for the settlers.
- Crafting system is very elaborate, however collecting materials required for crafting is a pain in the ass.
- Not surprisingly bugs exist, a few I've encountered are NPCs sleeping on invisible beds and levitating brahmins.
- The dog is annoying, it comes in your way when you are trying to walk, controlling it is difficult and it lacks personality. Its presence does not make much difference. However, it could find stuff and enemies if you ask it to and it cannot be killed so I use the dog to tank some damage while I finish off the enemies.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
When 10 feral ghouls are running towards you, the dog will rush them regardless and become their first target. I cannot do anything.

Honestly, Metal Gear Solid 5's D-Dog is also annoying sometimes but at least he marks enemies that are near and commanding the dog is easier.

This dog is really useless. Other than taking down one enemy at a time and diverting attention from yourself. Sometimes, when you are trying to sneak, the dog will still run around like crazy and aggro the enemies, giving away your position. Hell, they should have a chat-wheel similar to FalloutNV in order to command the dog or other followers without having to chat with them first.

Edit: Also the way you obtain the dog also seems underwhelming. You just meet the dog, talk to it and it starts following you. Compare this to Fallout 3, where you actually rescue the dog from a bunch of bandits and then he becomes your follower. That way you relate better with the dog. Here, its like I don't even care.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
When 10 feral ghouls are running towards you, the dog will rush them regardless and become their first target. I cannot do anything.

Honestly, Metal Gear Solid 5's D-Dog is also annoying sometimes but at least he marks enemies that are near and commanding the dog is easier.

This dog is really useless. Other than taking down one enemy at a time and diverting attention from yourself. Sometimes, when you are trying to sneak, the dog will still run around like crazy and aggro the enemies, giving away your position. Hell, they should have a chat-wheel similar to FalloutNV in order to command the dog or other followers without having to chat with them first.
All in time.. All in time..

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Encountered some bugs after playing fallout 4:
  • TAB key not working properly after sometime in game
  • Subtitles missing or not displaying properly
  • Random crashes on kepler cards

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Encountered some bugs after playing fallout 4:
  • TAB key not working properly after sometime in game
  • Subtitles missing or not displaying properly
  • Random crashes on kepler cards

Oh yes. Also:

I encountered a bug that sometimes after a dialogue the character cannot move (Edit: Happened for the first time after the chat with the Vault-tec salesman in the prologue), in other words, the game does not respond to the keyboard at all. Had to restart the game to get it to work. I have experienced this problem with Skyrim too sometimes.

A few times my weapon or the Pip-boy would become invisible.

Haven't encountered any crashes though yet.

Also, Tab seems to be working fine.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The only bug I encountered in Fallout 4 is Subtitles missing or not displaying properly in some missions...

I am using some cheats only by using the tilde key " ` "... Some of which are as follows...

tgm -god mode
tmm 1 -all map markers visible(enables fast travel)
player.additem 0000000f [number] -bottlecaps
player.additem 0000000a [number] -bobbypins
player.modav [skill] [number] -boost a skill
player.setlevel [insert number] -boost your level
player.setav carryweight [number] -unlimited weight

Last edited:

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Package arrived finally

uploadfromtaptalk1447414565332.jpg

Installing now, will be done within the hour :)

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
OMG. GG. How much?

BTW, what is available in Season pass?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what all came with package? Is that a proper jumpsuit?

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
OMG. GG. How much?

BTW, what is available in Season pass?
2999 of course + a nice tshirt- fits me great

The season pass is supposed to have all future dlc releases from Bethesda for FO4.

As for the season pass pamphlet you see, even I thought that it was a key- secret bonus for preordering. But you know this is Bethesda so it is just an advertisement.

Update:

Shitty part is that the retail came with just 1 disc and that too has no data on it

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
2999 of course + a nice tshirt- fits me great

The season pass is supposed to have all future dlc releases from Bethesda for FO4.

As for the season pass pamphlet you see, even I thought that it was a key- secret bonus for preordering. But you know this is Bethesda so it is just an advertisement.

Update:

Shitty part is that the retail came with just 1 disc and that too has no data on it
No ****.

Same happened when I purchased MGS5. Only steam installer on disc. Total disc size: 8 MB.

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
They did announce that retail will come with only one disc prior to release and reason was to counter piracy

Top Bottom