Factory Setup if Recovery Image is LOST

I have a dell inspiron 17r se 7720 . When i purchased this lappy the boot logo of dell (bios) didnt use to come , and just a dell logo with windows loading circle came . Due to some reasons my hdd crashed and dell guy came up and replaced my hdd and reinstalled the OS but ever since then , i get a SILLY dell bios loader , followed by windows 8 loader . I want to get the same factory settings from dell . I called dellcustomer care , but they said they cud provide me with win8 dvd , whch i already own . Plz suggest me how can i get the factory preset installed OS and get rid of dell's bios loader whch gives me an old fashioned feel as conpared to new loader wch came with my purchase . Plz help me out as its my last resort .

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
post screenshot of dell boot loader(use mobile phone camera) & subsequent win 8 loader.once win 8 is loaded also post screenshot of your hdd partition layout using windows disk management.

OP
N

niraj trehan

Dr.Geek
I know its a bit hard to understand but right now i dont have my laptop nd i m hostel stranded . Ok lemme put it insimpler words If u may get it that way .

WITH Dell preset Settings

NO stinky old fasioned BIOS loader with press f12 or del button info on screen

Directly windows loader comes (no blue logo of windows 8 but dell's logo small n neat :) :) instead of that ) and the loading citcle of windows 8 below that .

With CUSTOM win 8 installation

Dell logo (bIG and old fashioned ) with press f12 or other del screen showing up , followed by windows 8 loader , blue logo of windows 8 and below that the same circle loading .

I want to make my laptop exactly same as that in first case . I will post the pics asap when iget back home, just a try that i wud get a solution whilst getting bk home :)

Regarding the disk management , all is lost , just c:/ remains , nothing like recovery partition not showing up :/

sksundram

In the zone
What you are referring to is bringing back the dell logo on splash screen. This is tricky coz the image is on your BIOS, so you either have to use winRE to reset or flash a new bios. Also enable quick/fast boot under advanced boot options in your laptop's bios to bypass options screen. Also change your boot device priority to hdd.

OP
N

niraj trehan

Dr.Geek
Is there a way we can get the recovery image frm some other laptop ? If not , how can we get the factory preset of windows from dell then ? Cz i dont want to fuss much with bios particularly .

noob

Cyborg Agent
why do you care about it so much ? It doesn't matter buddy. Its good that you have clean installed windows 8. Now do a clean install of Windows 8.1

OP
N

niraj trehan

Dr.Geek
why do you care about it so much ? It doesn't matter buddy. Its good that you have clean installed windows 8. Now do a clean install of Windows 8.1

+1 for this reply mate , but u know at times sillye things like these irk u a lot and u are bent on getting a solution to it . !! A nice thing tho happened , ichecked my disk management and found recovery drive there ! 300 mb file tho ! Laptop came bk from dell , nd logo is there as iwanted , but now the question is of creating a recovery disc :)so i m done with fussy part of it , just a little part left :) cheers
PS : i forgot to mention my laptop was at dell service centre a week bk for lcd issue andnetwork card prob , justcame bk home and found things pretty fine :)

OP
N

niraj trehan

Dr.Geek
Question is Solved

Thanks for the help guys ! :) Cheers !

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Top Bottom