Face recoginition

Status
Not open for further replies.

aneesh kalra

Mclaren F1 Long tail
The lenovo ad got me thinking that what would happen if the guy just put his photo in front of the laptop.can face recoginition be by passed by showing a photo (lifesize)or even passport if shown closely to the webcam

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
I also heard that it can be bypassed by just using Esc Key or clicking on close button. It is more of a fun stuff than security stuff

shantanu

Technomancer
its possible that some times these things happen but , the company itself produced it as the security feature and they might be working on it to make it better.. but i can be fun ,.,..

shaunak

Tux Fan
Face recognition is not [and was never] meant to be used as a personal security tool. It is a crowd control/ mass security tool.

It is basically used to pick out known threats [whose pictures are with the security agency] from the crowd quickly and more efficiently than a human guard.

It works by identifying and looking for "nodal points" like:
Distance between eyes
Width of nose
Depth of eye sockets
Cheekbones
Jaw line
Chin

All these can be easily and acurately replicated in a photograph.

Fooling personal face recognition is no big deal. But im sure a person holding a photo over his face, moving through the crowd would get noticed! [and arrested !?]

In fact face recognition is used in most US airports and was recently used at the superbowl to monitor crowds.

But dont even think of protecting you comp/assests with it. Even the guys who make the software, Visionics say so. [The software is called faceit!]

It can be a cool tool to tag your photos though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom