eyefinity problem

root.king

geek in action
plz help me to solve the problems,
i wnt to setup dual display and my gpu is sapphire hd 5670 1gb ddr5 it has 3 ports Display Port,HDMI and DVI in the packge it came with 1 DVI to VGA and 1 HDMI to DVI cable,
and my problem start now,
my default monitor has VGA connector (hp l1506) and old 1 CRT that i want to setup as my 2nd display,
so i bought an another DVI to VGA cable and connected it to HDMI to DVI cable that came with the package but it is not working
so plz help..........

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, here is I'm assuming you are doing.

Monitor 1
DVI-I to VGA. and then you connect the monitor #2.

Monitor 2
HDMI to DVI. DVI to VGA. and then you connect the monitor #2.

Second case will not work.

Reason?

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fb/DVI_Connector_Types.svg/200px-DVI_Connector_Types.svg.png

DVI and HDMI are digital connections. VGA is analog. Have a look at the four pins on the left in a DVI-I cnnector. Two above the flat pin and two below the flat pin. These pins carry analog signal in a DVI-I connector. These pins are the reason you get VGA from DVI-I easily.

HDMI does NOT carry any type of analog signal. So, if you are using HDMI to DVI-I convertor. In that case, the four pins of DVI-I don't have any analog signal. hence, DVI-I to VGA will NOT work. (talking of monitor #2)

What you need to buy is an "Active HDMI to VGA adaptor."

Bonus tip. Because DVI-D lacks these 4 analog pins, DVI-D to VGA is not possible without an "active adaptor".

-------

PS: Your post is confusing and very unclear. So, I'm making an assumption here. Be clear on what you are saying. As clear as I am in my reply in the following. You could have easily summed up your huge paragraph in two lines.
So, here is I'm assuming you are doing.

Monitor 1

Monitor 2

Second case will not work.

OP
root.king

root.king

geek in action
sorry for confusing thread

Monitor 1

Monitor 2

perfect guess that monitor 2 is not working and my 400Rs. are gone in water:sad:

Top Bottom